Uk Dunce of the enviroment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, ok, so they could spend more

I agree with this, and if they were spending more I would be all for CO2 cuts

but to focus on it when it is not a major issue, and so money that could be spent on water and toxic pollutants gets spent on global warming pollutants

that is just wrong in my oppinion

sure spend money on both if you can get it

but if you can't, water is far more important

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Over the last decade or so, the US government has spent over $100 billion for wastewater treatment. That seems like substantial funding to me.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

and the evidence I have seen is not conclusive relating to CO2 being a major issue
        Most Climatologists say you are wrong.

Read the latest report from the International Panel on Climate Change. For those who question the reality of global warming, the members of the IPCC are several thousand respected scientists, not the "eco-nuts" the Right yaps about.

Comment

but the world has been fine with much higher CO2 levels in the past

and it wasn't long ago that cooling was the concern

and I know something of how chaotic complex systems can be... and the world climate is a very complex system

lets just say that we are a drop in the barrel compared to what nature can do (like the effects of a couple valcanoes)

Jon Miller
          (and most climatologists are interested in continueing their funding)
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
          X