X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that was Reagan?
    I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Both were. The church and the US had an arrangement. US funding and church organization.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator

Except the devoted Catholics... who are the only ones who care about the Pope in the first place.
        True...

Comment

6 minutes ago, Danish news agency Ritzau quotes Italian media for reports that the Pope is dying.

No further information from Ritzau than this at the moment, and no naming of the media.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            I don't know all the details here, but if all this stuff is true, why is the pope not returning to the hospital? I think you know where I'm going here. Of course moving him may be too dangerous in his condition. But it looks to me they are just allowing him to die.
            Thats what they do Diss, it happened to my Grandad, when theres nothing that will help all you can do is make the patient as comfortable as possible and wait.....

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever

Thats what they do Diss, it happened to my Grandad, when theres nothing that will help all you can do is make the patient as comfortable as possible and wait.....
              Both my grandparents died at home in bed as well. Each was competent and had expressed that they no longer wished to go to the hospital

Dieing at home and with loved ones
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Maybe if we're really lucky, Pat Robertson will die today too. That'll balance things out: A good person dying, a bad person dying, and a vegetable finally finding the peace we've sanctimoniously denied it.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Berlingske Tidende has this brief report (in Danish).

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                    Maybe if we're really lucky, Pat Robertson will die today too. That'll balance things out: A good person dying, a bad person dying, and a vegetable finally finding the peace we've sanctimoniously denied it.
                    Her
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I'm off to bed in a minute - I'll check if he is dead by the morning which looks highly likely...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                        I'm not sure who is who here
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          I'm not sure who is who here
                          Well, TEF has helped in part...
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

[SIZE=1]I appreciate him for lots of other reasons too.
                            His stance on the use of condoms as a protection from AIDS perhaps?
                            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                            And notifying the next of kin
                            Once again...

Comment

I blame Ben Kenobi. He becomes a Catholic and the Pope immediately snuffs it.

Kick him out of the church before he does more damage!!!
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

If the pope dies, Schiavo will be forgotten about by the media. I mean, he's the pope.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                                X