This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope given last rites

"Pope John Paul II has been given the last rites of the Roman Catholic Church as his health deteriorates, a Vatican source tells CNN."

on CNN.com

If he dies on the same day as schiavo, the media ****storm is going to be enormous.

God is punishing him for playing God with Schiavo.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      God is punishing him for playing God with Schiavo.
      9/10

Comment

Re: Pope given last rites

Originally posted by ixnay
        "Pope John Paul II has been given the last rites of the Roman Catholic Church as his health deteriorates, a Vatican source tells CNN."

on CNN.com

If he dies on the same day as schiavo, the media ****storm is going to be enormous.
        I can't see the media caring that much that they die on the same day.

I kind of hope it happens, then the media attention will be taken away from Florida.

Comment

idiocy.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

its almost friday tho in europe. if he lives four more minutes it wont be the same day
            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

The guy should have been allowed to retire years ago, a weak Pope is no good to anyone, noone believes all that 'Gods spirit on Earth' stuff anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

9/10
                Woulda been 10/10 if he didn't include that smilie.
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Well, Schiavo is dead while JP is still alive. He will follow soon though...
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

And Mitch Hedberg as well
                    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I don't know all the details here, but if all this stuff is true, why is the pope not returning to the hospital? I think you know where I'm going here. Of course moving him may be too dangerous in his condition. But it looks to me they are just allowing him to die.

Comment

Mitch who?
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                          (...) noone believes all that 'Gods spirit on Earth' stuff anyway.
                          Except the devoted Catholics... who are the only ones who care about the Pope in the first place.
                          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

maybe we can get a new pope who supports birth control and condoms

Comment

Even those who aren't devoted catholics can appreciate him. He was instrumental in the downfall of communism, for one.

I appreciate him for lots of other reasons too.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X