X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Edan
    May we Rest In Peace.
    Amen!

Sadly, I don't think Ned will shut up, even when it's the appropriate time to do so.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
      agreed. let this matter rest.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

http://the****society.com/robin/terri.html

I'm going straight to hell. But then again, so are these people:

edit: The first link should have the f--k word where the asterisks are. Forgot about the forum rules.
        Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

R.I.P

May God have mercy on her soul, and mercy on the soul of all those responsible for this.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Starving people to death
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

She's not a person, she's a vegetable. Or at least was...

Do vegetables stop being vegetables once they're dead? I mean, the carrots in my fridge aren't going to suddenly start growing again....
              Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

If it's called a vegetable state, doesn't mean she's no longer human.

Just one thing I wonder about, how sure can we be that she didn't experience pain during this? For a conscious person, obviously, being starved to death would be very unpleasant. And since people in a PVS don't recover, how do we know they don't feel pain if starved?
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

They can probably monitor those things and else screening her blood might give a clue too. I'm not a doctor though.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yes this horrible crime happened because people let it happen, thus Americans will never get to heaven, murdering innocent people who can't defend themselves

j/k
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      If it's called a vegetable state, doesn't mean she's no longer human.

Just one thing I wonder about, how sure can we be that she didn't experience pain during this? For a conscious person, obviously, being starved to death would be very unpleasant. And since people in a PVS don't recover, how do we know they don't feel pain if starved?
                      Vegetable state? I'd like to live there. Do they have low taxes?

Because the parts of her brain that deal with pain and integration were goo.

and not the fun kind of goo like at the centre of a caramel cup.
                      Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Is this the thread where we get to talk about teh swift boat vets against John Kerry?

RIP Terry...
                        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                          For a conscious person, obviously, being starved to death would be very unpleasant.
                          Not necessarily. My grandmother essentially "starved to death" when she died in 1994. She was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. When given the options, she asked that they just make her comfortable and let her go. So they removed the IVs and let her die on her own terms. She could have complained at any time about discomfort, but she never did. She wasn't "hungry" at all. People tend to have a distorted picture of what actually happens to people in these situations.

And since people in a PVS don't recover, how do we know they don't feel pain if starved?
                          If the cerebral cortex is fried like Terri's was, they aren't consciously aware of anything. But regardless, they can also use sedatives to insure there is no pain.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

wow, she's gone...

now let's talk about britney's pregnancy.
                            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                              wow, she's gone...

now let's talk about britney's pregnancy.
                              Is that confirmed? I can't find the info on any reputable news pages.

links?
                              Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Not necessarily. My grandmother essentially "starved to death" when she died in 1994. She was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. When given the options, she asked that they just make her comfortable and let her go. So they removed the IVs and let her die on her own terms. She could have complained at any time about discomfort, but she never did. She wasn't "hungry" at all. People tend to have a distorted picture of what actually happens to people in these situations.

Interesting, so what does it take for there to be no unpleasant sensations? Surely the people in Africa do feel bad when starving... is it perhaps people that are dying of other causes, like cancer here, that don't feel the discomfort of hunger?
                                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                                X