Schiavo Pt. Four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD - That is awful.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

theres a link that said the parents were kicked out
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
        If it's called a vegetable state, doesn't mean she's no longer human.
        As far as the important parts of being human it does.

For a conscious person, obviously, being starved to death would be very unpleasant.

Having starved for a month before, I can tell you it's not at all painful after the first day or so. Hunger goes away after than and you have to force yourself to eat. Note that starvation doesn't necessarily indicate a total lack of food. I had maybe one meal a day for a month, usually a small bowl of rice or noodles, sometimes just a glass of vodka.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

RIP, I hope it's what she truely wanted.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I also hope that this what she truly wanted, however she's been dead for years now, it seems.

This is so sad, when the personality is almost gone, and nothing is left but an empty shell...
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

theres a link that said the parents were kicked out
              Indeed it does. According to the spokesperson for the family anyway....
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I don't know so much about the starvation angle, but it is said that dying of dehydration is pure agony. To all of you who flippantly say you are going to exercise a living will authorizing the pulling of a feeding tube, imagine yourself lying there, unable to communicate, and slowly dying of thirst.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure there's a massive amount of bad blood, and I wouldn't want them in the room with me either.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I hope her soul finds peace, because I can *guarantee* you that there won't be any on this damnable planet anytime soon.

Gatekeeper
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                      imagine yourself lying there, unable to communicate, and slowly dying of thirst.
                      If I had no cerebral cortex, what would be the point of imagining? It's the same as being dead.

Comment

The Schindlers have released an audiotape of Terri being asked, does this hurt, does that hurt. Terri responds with answers that are unmistakably "yes" and "no."
                        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

You know I have read in these many threads about the husband being slandered but what of the parents were they not just as slandered. It was written they only wanted her alive to get some money of the settlement. I am sorry keepin the parents from her last breaths is just plain fuc**** wrong. I dont care bout bad blood somebody should have been man enough to let them say good bye the right way
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Terri may be dead, but the politics will be resurrected. Tom Delay came out with the following statement:

"Mrs. Schiavo's death is a moral poverty and a legal tragedy. This loss happened because our legal system did not protect the people who need protection most, and that will change. The time will come for the men responsible for this to answer for their behavior, but not today. Today we grieve, we pray, and we hope to God this fate never befalls another. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Schindlers and with Terri Schiavo's friends in this time of deep sorrow."

(http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=45102)

Apparently, Delay feels that threatening people is a good way to distract people from his ethically dubious actions.
                            "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

If I had no cerebral cortex, what would be the point of imagining? It's the same as being dead.
                              If.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                                It wouldn't surprise me. I'm sure there's a massive amount of bad blood, and I wouldn't want them in the room with me either.
                                They wouldn't be in the room with him. They would be in the room with their daughter.

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X