No announcement yet.

Your Dream Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fall it's off the Florence and Venice for me.

Tentatively thinking my trip after that will be to Vilnius and then to see St. Petersberg's Hermitage. Maybe coming back via Helsinki and Stockholm

And I have to get back to see Lancer in the Phils.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnmmcc
      I think Pekka has a nice trip. My ideal trip would be a variation on Oerdin's. But instead, I get a cross between a house boat and a sailing ship. If it has a coast, I visit it. Go around the world, spend two-five years, let me little girl get a really cosmopolitan childhood. Never gong to happen, but I can dream.
      yeah that's all well and good until you guys get hijacked by pirates in the south pacific.

Comment

My dream trip really isn't available yet. Just getting into orbital space costs $20 million nowadays...
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

DanS, I can get you the poor man's version of moon travel. That is, kick in the nuts, you'll see stars and the legs leave the ground. I do this really cheap for you my friend....
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

That kind of virtual reality isn't quite my thing. But thanks anyway.

In the meantime, I might do a no gravity flight on a jet, like astronauts do during training. It costs about $4,000.
            Last edited by DanS; April 2, 2005, 16:48.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Oh that's a nice one. Seen that on telly few times.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                DanS, I can get you the poor man's version of moon travel. That is, kick in the nuts, you'll see stars and the legs leave the ground. I do this really cheap for you my friend....
                Can hear all you guys moaning in pain already
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X