Biggest Mistakes the Axis made iyo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Mistakes the Axis made iyo.

- First, I would guess it's that Japan attacked the US.

- Second, Hitler had the Italiens as allies which were more of a nuissance than helpful.

- Third, Hitler should not have put off his attack on Brittain, he was 4 weeks to late and the weather did not enable safe beach landings.

- And Forth, Hitler should have spread his forces in two and not gamble to see if the invasion of the Allies would be from the north west of france or from russia's side. He put almost all his forces on russia side.

- Lastly Hitler should not have ruin after the Russian but should have rather waited for them til summer and concentrate on holding up both east and west flanks.

What your opinion?

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

war on 2 fronts...cmon!
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

It wasn't a war on two fronts until the Allies landed in France.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Persecuting the jews... biiiiiiiiiiiiig mistake. All those who fled went on to build the biggest bomb ever!! Hitler should of used their talent.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

you know what i mean boris, dividing your resources up among 2 enemies...bad bad bad
          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            Wrong. It wasn't a war on two fronts until the Communists and Nazis split up in June '41.

Comment

Exactly, if japan had not invaded the US, the US would not have joined the allies as soon as they did imo, so hitler would still had a war on only 1 front. And would have been able to take Brittain the next year.

So we could say that Hitler lost because of Japan's foolish attack. Us declared war on Germany 8 days after they did on Japan IIRC.

Spec.
              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

Wrong. It wasn't a war on two fronts until the Communists and Nazis split up in June '41.

The didn't split up, the treaty of non-aggression was cancelled. They always were friction between the 2 thats why germany insisted of signing this treaty.

Spec.

Comment

Germanys biggest mistake - invading rump Czechoslovakia in spring of '39. After that it was very difficult to a avoid a coalition war in Europe, which Germany couldnt win. Best would have been to sit on the gains of '38 - versailles limits dropped, austria and sudeten annexed - and build more or less peacefully from there. Of course that pretty much means Hitler not being Hitler.

Most lists of Axis mistakes are kinda silly - (they shoulda gone for Moscow earlier, etc) they tend to imply a world where Axis makes none of their mistakes, but still assume the allies make all of THEIRS (can anyone say sending several divisions to Greece just when victory in North Africa was in hand - I adore Winnie, but THAT was a flub)
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

Exactly, if japan had not invaded the US, the US would not have joined the allies as soon as they did imo, so hitler would still had a war on only 1 front. And would have been able to take Brittain the next year.

So we could say that Hitler lost because of Japan's foolish attack. Us declared war on Germany 8 days after they did on Japan IIRC.

Spec.

Except FDR was sending US ships in the central atlantic under neutrality patrols, and was trying to help UK in every way possible.

And taking Britain within one year of Pearl (IE by December 1942) is absolutely impossible. Germany didnt have the fleet, and didnt have the landing craft. And didnt have the infrastructure to build either with any speed. And didnt have close to air superiority over Britain. It would take years, by which time the eastern front is resolved.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                      you know what i mean boris, dividing your resources up among 2 enemies...bad bad bad
                      I'm not Boris.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

i hope nobody whos daddy or granddaddy died in the invasion of Sicily shows up here. Or in an allied bombing raid on Germany. Or in a convoy delivering aid to Murmansk.

Nice to see that the same slander has survived for 63 years though. In a preservationist kinda way.

Comment

The two biggest mistakes were (1) declaring war on the US; and (2) Germany's attack through South Russia at Stalingrad.

FDR would not have been able to put the US on a war footing absent a declaration of war.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                            They were never together. The USSR simply took advantage of the Nazi invasion of Poland to reaquire territory Poland had stolen from them 19 years earlier. That two hundred miles was also what kept the Nazis from reaching Moscow in '41, so you should be glad they did it, or your ass would be speaking German.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                              Germanys biggest mistake - invading rump Czechoslovakia in spring of '39. After that it was very difficult to a avoid a coalition war in Europe, which Germany couldnt win. Best would have been to sit on the gains of '38 - versailles limits dropped, austria and sudeten annexed - and build more or less peacefully from there. Of course that pretty much means Hitler not being Hitler.

Hitler never beleived in the coallition. Germany did not have the right to build an army but he did. Nobody said anything. He did not have the right to build an air and naval force, but he did. Again, no consequences. When he "took" poland he had warning, but in the end, no consequences. He also took Poland and Hongrie without consequence from france or Brittain like they warned they'd do. When came the time for Czechoslovakia, he thought that it would be the same thing all over again. So that wasn't a mistake of WW2, it was the mistake that started WW2. But Hitler didn't mind, he took france right after in 3 weeks and so on.

Spec.

Comment

Working...
                              X