Best Invention ever- man sells device that blocks Fox News from TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Invention ever- man sells device that blocks Fox News from TV

actually I admit I sometimes watch Fox news. But I think this is a nifty little invention.

There is an easier way to deal with this... it's called the channel change button .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

liberals aren't smart enough to work remote controls.

Comment

Man, I would love to buy a few of these and sneak them on to my father's tvs.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Ok the guy is a dumb liberal, but ...

The Tulsa, Okla., resident also has received thousands of e-mails, both angry and complimentary, as well as a few death threats since the device debuted in August.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The following I found interesting. And yes, it is from that ever-truthful provider of impartial fact, Daily Kos. BUt interesting nonetheless

by DavidNYC
            Sat Mar 26th, 2005 at 11:00:24 PST

I gotta love this kind of ingenuity:

It's not that Sam Kimery objects to the views expressed on Fox News. The creator of the "Fox Blocker" contends the channel is not news at all. Kimery figures he's sold about 100 of the little silver bits of metal that screw into the back of most televisions, allowing people to filter Fox News from their sets, since its August debut.

Kimery says, unsurprisingly, that he's gotten a quite a bit of monkey mail - the sort of badly misspelled and incoherent rants which the proprietor of any popular website is likely to get. But he also claims to have gotten death threats, which are a whole `nother ball of wax. The reporter on the story apparently didn't ask to see them (why is that such a hard thing to do?), but after Hunter's "Blood Sport" series, I'm inclined to believe Kimery:

The Tulsa, Okla., resident also has received thousands of e-mails, both angry and complimentary - as well as a few death threats.

"Apparently the making of terroristic threats against those who don't share your views is a high art form among a certain core audience," said Kimery, 45.
            "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Re: Best Invention ever- man sells device that blocks Fox News from TV

Originally posted by Dissident

actually I admit I sometimes watch Fox news. But I think this is a nifty little invention.
              Slightly illegal, isn't it?

EDIT: nm, since it only blocks your TV

Comment

No, I think watching FoxNEWS is still legal.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Re: Re: Best Invention ever- man sells device that blocks Fox News from TV

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Slightly illegal, isn't it?

EDIT: nm, since it only blocks your TV
                  LOL, yeah I think blocking other people's tv's (if we could somehow create such a technology) would attract the attention of the FCC.

Comment

There is such a device, it's called a frequency jammer.
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                      There is such a device, it's called a frequency jammer.
                      Fox news doesn't come in over the air waves, but through a cable.

Comment

The signal is still transmitted at a certain frequency. If you plugged in a signal generator to the co-ax cable coming into your house, tuned it to the frequency that FOXNews is transmitted at and had it generate garbage then you'd be able to **** up a lot of people's reception....
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Of course, it wouldn't take long for them to trace the source of the interference and bust down your door...
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The the device is called scissor

"Like I always say, to every problem there is an engineering solution" - Wally to Dilbert after building a catapult that would shoot his computer out of the office (okay the story is more complicated)

Comment

This is such old news.

Boston Legal had an episode on these two weeks ago, where a school principal had installed these on the televisions at a high school.

Comment

Working...
                              X