Massive Anti-China March in Taiwan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted Striker
    I'm sure shutting down the busiest port in the nation would have no effect whatsoever on anything!

Nice troll attempt though.
    The chinese would shoot themselves in the foot if they did that, where else would they unload their overcapacity?

Comment

What would happen if the people of Taiwan simply renounced Chinese culture? Suppose they all agreed to speak English, French, German, Japanese or whatever and changed all the names in the country to corresponding ones in that language? Suppose they then waited a generation or two?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 22:20.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Another conflict on the horizon...

Comment

The Chinese government
            The Chinese government's evil policy wrt NKorean refugees
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

China
                The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                  You mean like Hong Kong?
                  Not even close. Even Singapore speaks Mandarin.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Police estimated the crowd at about a million, The Associated Press reported. Taiwan's population is 23 million.
                    This is wrong. The police estimated the crowd at 240 thousand - the organisers claimed one million.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Comment

What would happen if the people of Taiwan simply renounced Chinese culture? Suppose they all agreed to speak English, French, German, Japanese or whatever and changed all the names in the country to corresponding ones in that language? Suppose they then waited a generation or two?
                        That is happening already- increasingly the Taiwanese language is being used instead of Mandarin.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Not even close. Even Singapore speaks Mandarin.
                          Strange, everyone I met there spoke English. Same in Hong Kong.
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Comment

Taiwanese independence
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

This is wrong. The police estimated the crowd at 240 thousand - the organisers claimed one million.
                                What's your source? China Daily?
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X