Has anyone you know been killed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone you know been killed?

I am lucky in that no one I know has ever been murdered. There is one person whom I knEw who did have her son killed and that is the story I would like to tell. Back in 1994 when I was in High School during my senior year I took an independent studies class which basically meant I would spenD an hour per day helping the clerks at the school do various things. Any way i ended up working in the school's financial office which meant I'd take money from students who wanted to buy dance tickets or who had to pay parking fees or what not. The lady who I worked for had worked at Mira Mesa High School for well over a decade; her son & his best friend was the only people to be murdered in my area in the last 20 years.

Back in 1984-1985 her son attended high school in what would become my high school. This woman still worked as a clerk at this school and her son would often come to her at lunch time and ask to borrow the family car so he & his friends could drive to lunch. So one day her son came to her and said he and his best friend wanted to borrow the car in order to go to the local Jack in the Box (a fastfood restaurant) for lunch. She says ok and that is the last time she sees her son or his friend alive.

A man with an extensive criminal history including rape and murder and who was out on bail was waiting at that fast food restaurant. When the boy and his friend entered he waited for them outside, held them at gun point, locked them both in the trunk of the car, drove them to the local reservoir where he then shot them in the head. The man then sat down and ate their hamburgers after which he dumped their bodies in a dumpster at the local Chucky Cheese Pizza (a children's entertainment center).

This man was eventually caught and he became the first man since the 1960's to be put to death in the state of California. It took ten years for this mother to see justice served for her son's murderer and even then the ACLU had protesters show up at the execution who called her names and throw red paint on her. That is one reason why to this day I dispise the ACLU. When I was 18 and this woman told me what had happened to her son and his friend I didn't believe her. My neighborhood was such a boring white bit of suburbia that I just couldn't believe something like that could happen (even if 10-11 years before).

When I was in college I was flipping through stations and I say a report on PBS's show NOVA which talked about the death penalty. This woman was give a promient interview for he stance upon the validity of the death penalty and upon how she was treated by ACLU anti-death penalty zealots. They also showed video of the execution of the man who killed her son & his best friend. Has anyone else meet anyone who has been effected by violent crime? Has anyone been personally effected by violent crime? I thought this would be an interesting and emotional exploration into the psyche of poly posters.
    Last edited by Dinner; March 25, 2005, 02:53.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

-A good friend of mine had a fiance who was murdered

-A buddy of mine from HS was killed due to the fact that he was in a gang... he probably killed some fewl

-another one I don't want to mention

yeah, it suks, but it happens... thing I have learned; sheit happens, make it don't to those you love.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Not that I am aware of.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

yet

Monkey!!!

Comment

uh.... that was a little creepy

I was kidding GePap, I would suspect you'd know that though.

sorry

Monkey!!!

Comment

half my family was killed by nazis, but I never knew them
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Nazis are hard to get to know
              Monkey!!!

Comment

no they are pretty easy to get to know... jew this and jew that...

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Neo-Nazis, or 1939 Nazis?

Comment

My friend Freddy, back in 80 I think. Freddy and I were talking at 4:00pm on Friday and we decided to ask the boss Monday morning about him and I going on another trip for the Gov. Freddy was killed Sat night at about 8:00 pm.

Comment

Had a friend kill himself, but that's it.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No murder/war casualty that I can think of. A former classmate committed suicide.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

a guy who apparently coached me in hockey aser a kid killed hiemlf and hi s hole famiklay a couplke of yoears a gol.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

A girl who was in my class at high school was probably murdered. She disappeared without a trace on her way home from a party in 1992. She still hasn´t been found.

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Well, my cousin was killed by a drunk driver, in the Ukraine. We also had a person from our school killed in a terror act. didn't know her/him, though.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X