Diner finds finget in chili

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diner finds finget in chili

SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- A diner at a SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- A diner at a Wendy's fast food restaurant in San Jose, California, found a human finger in a bowl of chili prepared by the chain, local officials said Wednesday.

"This individual apparently did take a spoonful, did have a finger in their mouth and then, you know, spit it out and recognized it," said Ben Gale, director of the department of environmental health for Santa Clara County. "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."

Local officials launched an investigation after the incident Tuesday night and the medical examiner determined Wednesday that the object was a human finger.

Officials are trying to determine whether the finger came in the raw materials Wendy's used to prepare the chili, Gale said.

Wendy's International Inc. corporate office did not immediately return a call for comment. Wendy's is the third-largest hamburger chain.
    I think raw material suppliers to fast food chains should be required by law to report all employee missing appendages to their customers.

I would hope that Wendys did not get such a report and ignore it.
    I never eat there , so I'm not worried..

What is the problem? Sounds like "raw material" to me...
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

OMG Its teh Hoffa's finger!

Comment

Yum!
        Attached Files
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Re: Diner finds finget in chili

Originally posted by bfg9000

I think raw material suppliers to fast food chains should be required by law to report all employee missing appendages to their customers.

When most of their employess are illegal immigrants, do you think this would have any effect? I expect such a law already exists, anyways...
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

In other news, a guy in Norway died by falling into a sausage machine this week.
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

In other news:

Wendy's chili had taste for first time!!
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

oh my god. That is horrible
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Since when is Wendy's a "diner"? The word "diner" has too much class to be wasted on a dive such as Wendy's.

Gives "finger food" a whole new meaning, though, don't it?
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

are you illiterate?
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Wendy's chili

Now with pure finger flavor!
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

yeah Japher you got pwned on that one
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Still restaurant?
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                            Since when is Wendy's a "diner"? The word "diner" has too much class to be wasted on a dive such as Wendy's.

Gives "finger food" a whole new meaning, though, don't it?
                            Wendy's is the best fast food out there. It provides finger-lickin' good food; what do you provide? NOTHING.

Comment

Wendy's biggest problem: Round Buns/Square Meat!

WTFIUWT?!

Also, their buns are really, really shiny.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X