No announcement yet.

Recommend Provost A New Hi Fi System.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, impressive. I haven't seen something that large appear from someone's ******* since Cartman's satalite
    Smile
    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
      @ Drogue & Whaleboy's penis measuring fest.

Castle Harlechs are the ones I liked.
      Ah! We've been doing this for years, it's more ritualistic than malicious, at least for me!

I just don't like people talking crap about me publicly. Privately is fine
      It's a few pounds of wood and plastic, hardly talking crap about you is it?

Lol, impressive. I haven't seen something that large appear from someone's ******* since Cartman's satalite
      What can I say? I credit all of my eloquence to regular thorough probing and a healthy diet of cheesy poofs
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Oh for the love of God, leave it alone

Well, you've been utterly useless thus far. And the price will be in the hundreds of pounds, not thousands
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Lets see if I can be of some use

Gale makes very good affordable speakers. I have a pair of bookshelf monitors that I´m very satisfied with.

NAD C320BEE is a really good amplifier from the constructor behind the immensly popular Nad 3020

I saw that Richer Sounds had a clearance sale on the Cambridge Audio A300 This is also a really good amp.

For CD you might want to go with the NAD C542 or the cheaper Cambridge D100BLK

All of these combinations stay within the £800 mark with decent interconnects and speaker cables
          Last edited by Zoid; March 28, 2005, 17:41.
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

By one of those dumbass tivoli radios then, n00b!!
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
              Well, you've been utterly useless thus far. And the price will be in the hundreds of pounds, not thousands
              Really? Those links weren't to anything that appeals, not the advice given by loads of people? We're not talking about thosands, you can find a really decent system for ~£700 new or ~£400 second hand looking at the stuff we've put there.

If you actually want help, some info, like ho much you want to spend, what type of music you listen to, what you want in a hi-fi system (ie. something loud and engaging, something detailed, something you can relax to, etc.), we could probably be more help.
              Smile

Comment

As I've said, in the hundreds, I cannot be more specific than that at this point.

And I want something that is good at playing music. You know my taste in music, can be fairly loud stuff, not classical or anything boring like that though As for what I want in a hi-fi, well, I could tell you what I would like in a girlfriend but that gets hard for hi-fi systems I am afraid
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

My suggestions pack a good punch. The speakers move a lot of air despite their size and the NAD is a small power station. You can really terrorize the neighbors with it, even more so if you go with floorstanders

Off to the Hifi store with you
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

It is a good suggestion, though I picked up an NAD C340 for less than a C320 retails for. I'd be more tempted with Kef or Mission speakers though, I know you can find them cheaply in the UK, and their quite a bit nicer than Gales. But yeh, that's a system that would be in the hundreds and sound impressive
                    Smile

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X
                      My suggestions pack a good punch. The speakers move a lot of air despite their size and the NAD is a small power station. You can really terrorize the neighbors with it, even more so if you go with floorstanders

Off to the Hifi store with you
                      I am itching to go but too many little things to take care of first...
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

And I want something that is good at playing music.

As for what I want in a hi-fi, well, I could tell you what I would like in a girlfriend but that gets hard for hi-fi systems I am afraid

I have something that might be just the ticket:
                        Attached Files
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I had one of those once - scratched all my CDs to buggery - would never get another...
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I had one of those once - scratched all my CDs to buggery - would never get another...
                            Clearly you needed more lubricant.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Drat, that complaint seems to affect every facet of my life
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Drat, that complaint seems to affect every facet of my life

Aahhh. Jojoba or coconut is good for dry palms, but not sure about the Edison compatibility.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X