Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Aspergers. Just look at the way people treated me here in Apolyton 6 years ago, and you get your answer regarding how Apolyton treats mentally disabled peeps.

Eh, that's not an excuse. I have a very light case anyways, (Few even remotely recongize that I have it today, and I rarely show it with the exception when I'm with my peers...) but still, back to the topic...

I've always been an intolerant person, I admit. It's hypocritcal of me. I support special education a lot and wish to do everything to make the kids better, yet I can't stand them myself. Then again, even looking at the teachers who worked with them, they were hardly tolerant either, and that's just sad.

One thing that just drives me insane is when people try to remove support for special education. Thinking it's a waste of time and such, when it's not. Even people who have severe mental disabilities can be extremely gifted. As a light example, Einstein, Bill Gates, and Newton all had/has Aspergers.
    "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
    "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
    Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

People with mental difficulties are a world of trouble for me. It's very difficult for me.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Pfft. My mother's got serious mental problems (we're talking symptoms equivalent to paranoid schizophrenia with the full shebang of hallucinations and false memory).

It's a total pain in the arse and I really couldn't give a damn about the delicate sensibilities of anyone who has the good fortune to be able to walk away from it. Deal with it or piss off, but don't waste my time by whining.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Pfft. My mother's got serious mental problems (we're talking symptoms equivalent to paranoid schizophrenia with the full shebang of hallucinations and false memory).

Dayumn...

Say, is that something hereditary, or developmental? ( note: not a joke on you)
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp

It's a total pain in the arse and I really couldn't give a damn about the delicate sensibilities of anyone who has the good fortune to be able to walk away from it. Deal with it or piss off, but don't waste my time by whining.

First off, it has nothing to do with being mentaly retarded. Your mom is mentaly ILL.
            As for wasting your time, I didn't MAKE your read this thread, you clicked on it by yourself.
            Also, if you took time to reply, you dont have such a tight schedule and probably have some time to waiste being on Poly so much.

BTW, I have no problem with mentaly ILL people, in fact, I know 3 people who are Paranoid schizophrenic and 2 of them are my friends.

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

First off, it has nothing to do with being mentaly retarded. Your mom is mentaly ILL.
              To say someone is mentally retarded is bull**** anyway, they're just different kinds of mental illness. I find it a little sick personally that people/person have this feeling of revulsion that they can't seem to be bothered to change. Remember that you can change your revulsion, they can't change their lives. Just makes me think that it's not them that have the problem, it's you .
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000
                I have Aspergers. Just look at the way people treated me here in Apolyton 6 years ago, and you get your answer regarding how Apolyton treats mentally disabled peeps.

Eh, that's not an excuse. I have a very light case anyways, (Few even remotely recongize that I have it today, and I rarely show it with the exception when I'm with my peers...) but still, back to the topic...

I've always been an intolerant person, I admit. It's hypocritcal of me. I support special education a lot and wish to do everything to make the kids better, yet I can't stand them myself. Then again, even looking at the teachers who worked with them, they were hardly tolerant either, and that's just sad.

One thing that just drives me insane is when people try to remove support for special education. Thinking it's a waste of time and such, when it's not. Even people who have severe mental disabilities can be extremely gifted. As a light example, Einstein, Bill Gates, and Newton all had/has Aspergers.
                Im not familiar with this what is it ,Aspergers that is
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

Im not familiar with this what is it ,Aspergers that is
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It seems like all the nerds here have ADHD or Aspergers (I have both ).

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                      It seems like all the nerds here have ADHD or Aspergers (I have both ).
                      I have a brother with Aspergers - previously misdiagnosed as ADHD.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy

To say someone is mentally retarded is bull**** anyway, they're just different kinds of mental illness. I find it a little sick personally that people/person have this feeling of revulsion that they can't seem to be bothered to change. Remember that you can change your revulsion, they can't change their lives. Just makes me think that it's not them that have the problem, it's you .
                        Dude. Some people are mentaly RETARDED because they lacked oxygen at birth. This is not a disease.
                        Paranoiya, ADD, Aspergers and so on are diseases.

I hope you see the difference.

As for I having the problem, I agree and thats why I started the thread.

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Dude. Some people are mentaly RETARDED because they lacked oxygen at birth. This is not a disease.

Some are ( in this case, this is an injury, really), but others are not.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

I know Azazel, but the "others" are not the ones I am talking about so it has nothing to do with my first post. See?

Spec.

Comment

not all retarded people are retarded because of a lack of oxygen to the brain.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Point is spec is okay saying that retarded as you all them make him uncomfortable I havent seen were he has judged them but for that him his self being judged. Nothing wrong with feeling that way as long as hes not mean to these folks
                                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X