X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting article

Those 4% must be the libertarians.

My thoughts exactly
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Didn't you hear? Silly Euros don't create businesses they sit around and wait for their governments to do it for them. Just check the start up figures and compare them to say the US, Canada, or even China.

Yes, but the difference is qualitative: One has a conscience. He may've grown very cynical or was born to a very hostile enviroment that encouraged him not displaying any compassion. The sociopath has none. It has no ability, nothing.

So are most cancers, currently.

Very well put.
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Moral Hazard
        Kind of like the difference between a scitzophrenic and a scitzoid(can't remember the exact term.) One is curable the other is not.
        Cat's foot iron claw
        Neuro-surgeons scream for more
        At paranoia's poison door
        Twenty first century schizoid man.

Blood rack barbed wire
        Politicians' funeral pyre
        Innocents raped with napalm fire

Death seed blind man's greed
        Poets' starving children bleed
        Nothing he's got he really needs

-King Crimson

And what's up with all the libertarian hatred?

Comment

Yes, but the difference is qualitative: One has a conscience. He may've grown very cynical or was born to a very hostile enviroment that encouraged him not displaying any compassion. The sociopath has none. It has no ability, nothing.

True but hard to diagnose the difference through their actions. An intelligent Sociopath will probably not admit to being one.
          Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

"4% of the population sociopaths"

and they all work for the government
            "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
            —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera

And what's up with all the libertarian hatred?
              It's not hatred. It's sympathy for the afflicted.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Hmmm

I just wonder why they tie conscience and love together. Might not a sociapath like , love or lust after certain people. Might not they have no conscience but have an intellectualgrasp of what others would consider right and wrong and they stay within those bounds because of the possible consequences of getting caught??

Why could there not be many such people? A person that would cheat at a friendly no-money card game just for the possible ego boost of winning but one who might never be caught breaking a law
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                  So who here on Poly is a sociopath? Surely there must be at least one among our ranks....
                  Fez. But in a much much worst way.

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

spec, didnt you see his sadness when his dog died?
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Hitler liked dogs.

Seriously, Fezzie boy isn't a sociopath, he just has a bad temper sometimes, and the terrible guilt attacks he sometimes gets make sure that it can't be true.

Besides that, I bet that no Poly leftist is a sociopath.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Being as dumb as a sack of hammers doesn't make you a sociopath.
                        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I didn't read the article becasue I didn't want to sign up for am pass which might entitle them to sell my email address to all sorts of spaming scum bags.

IIRC the most widely accepted criteria, DSM - 9, virtually requires a history of criminal-like behavior in order to make the diagnosis of antisocial-sociopath. I believe the primary criterion is a history of 3 offenses which involve "a disregard for the rights of others" after the age of 16. I think that there also has to be a demonstrated inability to sustain interpersonal relationships.

The boss who likes to ridicule people might not necessarily fit into the sociopathic category. Ridicule is often a manifestation of a narcissistic personality, but sociopaths are also often rather narcissistic. People who are passive-aggressive also use ridicule as a defense.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

You probably see sociopathy here reflected in posters who attack other posters repeatedly , particularly posters such as Giancarlo who it is relatively "safe" to attack, for their own pleasure. We've seen some particularly nasty incidents of it here on Apolyton, such as when a group of posters encouraged Bill3000 to kill himself.
                            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Bah, I never even saw the threads saying that they wanted to kill me.
                              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

This thread is full of sociophobes
                                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Working...
                                X