• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to empire.

I WILL BE QUEEN!

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

Pros and cons, in a nutshell, please.
      Pros - None really... Republicans would say we can finally change our flag but only a minority of commenwaelth countries actually still have the UJ on their flag.

Cons - New tender needs to be produced, loss of allies and friends and loss of a political voice at CHOGM, loss of a safeguard against a dictatorship.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither I think it's more an observation, rather inaccurately stated, that what the Brits do has an impact beyond your shores.
        That makes sense.

Basically the King's wife's official title is Queen, due to a 1936 ruling. That's the law. We only need to change the law if she's to be NOT known as Queen.

However, if Camilla wants to be known as "Princess Consort" she can be - she can ask to be called whatever she wants. Her official title will be Queen though, unless we change the law.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Oh... I must have been posting about that last night. Don't remember that at all!
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Beer is a wonderful thing. I hear the Queen even gives royal commissions for brewing it.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'm not even drinking at the moment.

It's sleep deprivation
              We've got both kinds

Comment

I'll crack a cold one for ya.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Back on the beers tomorrow. I've been ill.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                  X