Opiate of the masses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Space05us
    I think you are confusing me with someone else- I don't love sports, I don't watch sports, I don't participate in sports, I don't collect sporting memorabilia, I don't love or find sports that interesting.

everyone loves sports

Are you hard of reading ?

Or is it State 'Be Obtuse' Day in Alaska ?
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

as a gay man, molly is excluded from liking sports
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Are you hard of reading ?

Or is it State 'Be Obtuse' Day in Alaska ?

A lot of people say Im difficult to read, but they dont really know me too well. The people who do know me say Im easy top read though. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by C0ckney
          as a gay man, molly is excluded from liking sports

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but most of the gay men I know (and lesbians too) either participate in or follow one or more sports- my partner is a long distance cyclist, hillwalker, glider pilot, hang gliding enthusiast, rower and kayaker.

Update your cliche database urgently.
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but most of the gay men I know (and lesbians too) either participate in or follow one or more sports- my partner is a long distance cyclist, hillwalker, glider pilot, hang gliding enthusiast, rower and kayaker.

more proof that everyone loves sports!

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

well fair play to him, but i'd say most of those are more like pastimes or hobbies rather than sports.

and besides, where would we be without our clichés and stereotypes
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

I hate sports. Sports are for losers.

For reference purposes, please consult this Slashdot post. Thank you.
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Sports are for winners and losers. And people who just like to take part. But mostly wankers, either way.

Anyway, in most places, I'd say television is the opiate. Television, and all that it entails: consumerism, celebrity gossip, cultural herding.
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                    I think you are confusing me with someone else- I don't love sports, I don't watch sports, I don't participate in sports, I don't collect sporting memorabilia, I don't love or find sports that interesting.

everyone loves sports
                    I'm nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent

I'm nobody.
                      Of course, your a religious nut.

Comment

it's the notion that anything you actually do matters.
                        B♭3

Comment

well fair play to him, but i'd say most of those are more like pastimes or hobbies rather than sports.
                          Because you're obviously exuding contraries to gay stereotypes from every orifice no?
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Bananas! Now there is a traditionalist.
                            To The Hijack Police: I don't know what you are talking about. I didn't do it. I wasn't there. I don't even own a computer.

Comment

everyone includes nobody and St Leo

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                                For reference purposes, please consult this Slashdot post. Thank you.
                                Originally posted by Anonymous Coward
                                Everyone loves sports.
                                Space posts on Slashdot!
                                Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                                X