Opiate of the masses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opiate of the masses

This came up recently. What are the upper classes using these days to make the proles forget they are under an iron boot?
    Television
    48.28%
    Religion
    15.52%
    Sports
    8.62%
    Celebrity Gossip
    5.17%
    Alcohol
    10.34%
    Bananas
    12.07%
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

this poll is missing one obvious choice. Opium. Also sex should be on the poll.

Comment

Definately Alcohol/ Pot for the younger generation.
      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

What are the upper classes using these days to make the proles forget they are under an iron boot?
        Burberry
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Is that anything like Bunburying? Cause I love Bunburying.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I'd say religion because the Republicans have been using "moral values" to get people to vote for them.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              I'd say religion because the Republicans have been using "moral values" to get people to vote for them.
              religion is not the same as moral values.

Comment

Television has a strong victory on the coasts of America, and it's pulling even with Religion in the central states. TV is clearly gaining.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

What? Where's the internet option?

Comment

Used to be religion but now days it's brain dead TV.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'd say both suck pretty hard. Might have been a better idea to do a multiple choice poll?
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        Used to be religion but now days it's brain dead TV.
                        TV is ahead in some places, but I think in other places religion still mantains a strong grip. Like Oklahoma or something.
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

All of the options, especially the bananas
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

sports.

Comment

TV.
                              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X