Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of music do you hate the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of music do you hate the most?

We've had plenty of threads on music we like. What do you guys hate?

Yeah I made this thread mostly because they are adverstising one of those country compilation CD's on television right now. Country is just so horrible. It makes me gag.

In the hundreds of country songs I've heard, only one is worth a damn. The Devil Went down to Georgia. I probably like that song because it sounds more like a rock song than a country song. And New country is even worse than country back in the 70's and 80's. At least old country the men had manly lyrics. Now all they sing about is love and gay stuff like that.

Who can listen to that stuff? what kind of brain damage must they have?

Though gospel is a close second.

To tell the truth, I'd rather kill myself than listen to either type of music.

Acid Jazz, closely followed by 80's AOR and Hair Metal.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I really don't like most types of "black" music, like rap, R&B etc.

I don't know why. That is just how it is. Maybe that's why I don't like movies like "New Jack City" and "Sugar Hill" and such.

But I do like gospel, so it's not a "racist" thing.

Asmodean
      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Korean techno-pop
        Specifically BOA
        *shudders*
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Worst type of music? That would be heavy metal* and such. The type where the one who "sings" only screams as loud as possible so nobody would ever be able to actually figure out the lyrics... and that is if you actually manage to hear the "lyrics" for the background noises that are much louder

This is closely followed by opera

*I believe it's heavy metal it's called, not 100% sure though
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Pop and anything else with an abundance of synthed voices singing the same sort of uninteresting lyrics you hear in every song on the radio.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Manufactured pop, eg, Spice Girls, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera...

Also horrible slushy stuff, eg, Celine Dion, Leann Rhymes...

Awful sh*t, awful...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

What PH says. I sometimes listen to gospel because it's on my favourite radio channel when I drive. Some of that black gospel I mean, there are types that I don't like, like the slooooowwww and blah.. amazing grace can be amazingly horrible that way, at least for my taste. But, then the happier tunes, where they have 50 singers going crazy and then the main singer being amazing vocalist and it's all about happy and that, and the singers are good and the melodies good, I like that stuff.

But the 'new' r&b I don't like, I feel it's **** these days.

Some of the .. metal music I really don't like. Then again some of it goes... some I can handle. Classic rock I even like. But the 'URG URG DEATH DEATH MEGAKILL EAT BABIES RAW RAW LIKE AN AXE BLOOD COMES FROM BRAIN DEATH KILL TORTURE MANGLE I HAVE LITTLE PENIS URG RUG'.. that kind of music I don't like.

Anything else pretty much goes, even opera.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

Some of the .. metal music I really don't like. Then again some of it goes... some I can handle. Classic rock I even like. But the 'URG URG DEATH DEATH MEGAKILL EAT BABIES RAW RAW LIKE AN AXE BLOOD COMES FROM BRAIN DEATH KILL TORTURE MANGLE I HAVE LITTLE PENIS URG RUG'.. that kind of music I don't like.

Like this?
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Yes. And for making me waste all that bandwith for few seconds, you should be banned. No, not from Poly.. from life. The air you breath and return toxicated is not worth your .. well, life.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

The Crazy Frog ringtone et al.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Any music that sounds insincere.

Ghastly fake black pop singers like Irish and British boy and girl bands desperately trying to sound like urban r 'n' b and boyz in da hood.

I'm not madly kind on big haired metal bands either with their grotesquely sexist album covers and very poor dress sense, and complete lack of irony.

Oh, and divas who ruin quiet little love songs, imagining that bellowing like a booby bird with hot lava up its cloaca is a substitute for feeling.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

There's a lot of R & B stuff I can't stand. Although last night I decided the upstairs part of the club I went to was playing the shiitest music ever, and that was all 90's pop stuff. I like to think I'm more tolerant than that though.

Comment

molly bloom, stop being such a racist. AND Why can't white boys try to sing R'n'B? Because you need to grow up in the projects to have that right? it's people like you that are extremely racists. It's music, I can sing what ever the hell I want, and if someone has a problem with it, they can die.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                              molly bloom, stop being such a racist. AND Why can't white boys try to sing R'n'B? Because you need to grow up in the projects to have that right? it's people like you that are extremely racists. It's music, I can sing what ever the hell I want, and if someone has a problem with it, they can die.

As I said, dipstick, they're being insincere.

It's not about the music they're supposedly 'playing' or 'singing' it's how they do it- like British or Australians singing with awful Mid-Atlantic or Mid-Pacific American accents.

I find people like Joss Stone completely unconvincing- she's no soul diva, no matter how much she puts on the fake American accent.

When was the last time you heard Aretha Franklin trying to sing like an English folk singer or Pavarotti trying to sing like a Taiwanese rapper ?
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                              X