Rank these items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what moron would die in a bathtub?

I refuse to believe this is that common. maybe with old people. Of course I never take a bath, so I don't have to worry about it.

Comment

I got everything right except for mixing up the bathtub/plane crash...
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

I refuse to believe this is that common. maybe with old people. Of course I never take a bath, so I don't have to worry about it.
        Drop the soap, bend over to pick it up, hit your head on the shower head nozzle... lights out. I could see it happening.. Not to me, but to someone else..

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

One reason could be bad boilers and thus dying from co2(?) intoxication.
          Falling could be another one.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I once passed out in the shower. I was lying down in the bathtub when taking a hot shower, fell asleep, woke up some minutes later and stood up quickly.

My vision went completely black, I got dizzy and fell over. Cracked my head against the side of the tub, but it didn't do any real damage that I could tell. Over the next 15 seconds or so my vision returned to normal.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I got everything pretty much right except mixing up dog bite/plane crash.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000

KrazyHorse came very close! He is the winner!
                Maybe I should get a job as an actuary...
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I passed out in the bathtub of my room at a Jamaican resort after a night of heavy drinking.. Unfortunately I passed out with the faucet running slowly. I woke up in the middle of the night in an overflowing tub hearing muffled shouting from outside my room. There was an inch of water on the floor of the entire room. The people in the room below had complained of water leaking from the ceiling. The management just came and cleaned all of the water out of my room without any questions... I went back to the bar until they were finished..

Comment

Statistics . I certainly don't have even one chance in a million of dying in a plane crash as long as I don't fly.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      Statistics . I certainly don't have even one chance in a million of dying in a plane crash as long as I don't fly.
                      You could be killed by a crashing plane though..

Comment

you know, I've driven my car over 6200 times and I still haven't died.

does that mean my time is due?

Comment

It's amazing how little we spend on car driving automation, given these statistics.

If 40,000 people die in the US each year and each life is worth about $3 million (or whatever), then we would be justified in spending up to about 1% of our economic activity on rectifying the problem, or $120 billion.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The statsistics for risk of death are all over the course of a year.

The odds of winning powerball are for a single ticket bought for a single drawing.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                              It's amazing how little we spend on car driving automation, given these statistics.

If 40,000 people die in the US each year and each life is worth about $3 million (or whatever), then we would be justified in spending up to about 1% of our economic activity on rectifying the problem, or $120 billion.
                              we are limited by technology in some instances. Steel crashing into steel at 70 mph is going to do a lot of damage no matter what.

The only solution is for us to all drive around in tanks. Why do you think SUV's are so popular?

Comment

The goal would be to have a computer do the driving. It seems like a no-brainer to say that we could set up a good automated driving system with a budget of $120 billion a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X