Rank these items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank these items

Rank these items - at the top, start with the item least likely to happen and work your way down to what is most likely to happen.

Answer with odds of each item happening to you, will be posted in a few hours:

A. Death by LIghtning
    B. Death in the bathtub
    C. Death by Fireworks accident
    D. Winning the Powerball jackpot
    E. Death by Car Crash
    F. Death from Dog Bite
    G. Death by Plane Crash

A. Death by Lightning
    G. Death by Plane Crash
    D. Winning the Powerball jackpot
    C. Death by Fireworks accident
    F. Death from Dog Bite
    B. Death in the bathtub
    E. Death by Car Crash
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Kinda grim list...
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

E.
        B.
        D.
        F.
        C.
        G.
        A.

EDIT: * read in reverse order, didn't see that bit.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

DCFAGBE
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm pretty sure that statistically, dying in the bathtub is the most likely from that list, probably followed by a car crash. My guess is winning the Powerball lottery is least likely.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Ah, is powerball something special? It's not just winning the lotery, is it?
              Though in this case I wouldn't mind being "just".
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Re: Rank these items

D
                A
                G
                C
                B
                F
                E
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

My guesses as to the number of people they happen to, every year in NA:

D 20
                  C 30
                  F 35
                  A 90
                  G 200
                  B 10000
                  E 60000
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                    I'm pretty sure that statistically, dying in the bathtub is the most likely from that list, probably followed by a car crash. My guess is winning the Powerball lottery is least likely.
                    I know the numbers for car crashes in NA are around 60000 deaths a year. Do you really think that the number for bathtubs is higher than that?
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Maybe trailer-park car-bathtup crashes are included in that stat?

Comment

What about those limos with jacuzzis in the back?

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

I know the numbers for car crashes in NA are around 60000 deaths a year. Do you really think that the number for bathtubs is higher than that?
                          Hmmm...you're probably right. I thought I recalled seeing something about the bath tub thing before. Guess I was wrong. I'd still put it at number two though, just like you.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

G. Death by Plane Crash - least likely. I don't fly.
                            C. Death by Fireworks accident - extremely unlikely, I'm nowhere near fireworks even when they are used.
                            A. Death by LIghtning - seems to be very rare statistically, and I'd usually take precautions
                            F. Death from Dog Bite - hopefully not.
                            B. Death in the bathtub - yes I do go to bath... but I will NOT fall asleep or drown there. And I'm not expecting a heart attack.
                            D. Winning the Powerball jackpot - not that I play lotteries often, so not very likely either.
                            E. Death by Car Crash - tons of car crashes here, and being in a car is not a rare situation for me.

Overall, though, I regard E as not very probable, G as impossible, and all the others as extremely improbable for me .
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Before this thread sinks any further I will post the answer:

DCFABGE

KrazyHorse came very close! He is the winner!

Comment

Working...
                              X