Ex-World Com CEO guilty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-World Com CEO guilty!

Also check out the "Who's in prison - Who's out" list.

Glad to see the jerk get his justice. At his age, he is likely to spend the rest of his life in prison. Hopefully Kenneth Lay is next.

And oh ya, a big to those whining that the Administration wasn't going after the big corporate criminals. Our legal system takes time, particularly with complex fraud cases, but when justice does come it is sweet.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Heh... he's in his 60s, but it'd be funny to see an 85 year sentance handed down. Your corpse will remain behind bars!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I wonder if Dauphin had anything to do with it?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

death penalty
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          death penalty
          Nahhh... life with no parole... oh, and he gets Bubba as a cell mate
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Naah, he'll get a presidential pardon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Ming, you so cruel.

A cell with Bubba, a fate worse than death.

Comment

Why does everyone have such low opinion of Bubba? Discrimination.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  Who happens to be a stockholder
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Is it just me that doesn't get the same kind of anger from corporate crime, basically theft on a large scale, than from violent crime? I'm not sure I could ever consider some false accounting or even a little embezzlement to be on the same level of nastiness as beating the living **** out of someone.
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                      Is it just me that doesn't get the same kind of anger from corporate crime, basically theft on a large scale, than from violent crime? I'm not sure I could ever consider some false accounting or even a little embezzlement to be on the same level of nastiness as beating the living **** out of someone.
                      I'd rather get beat up than have my entire 401k disappear.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm still waiting for the convictions at Enron. I'm still paying higher rates because of their criminal doctoring of accounts and fraud. I can only guess being friends with Bush means you get to walk when you commit horrible crimes.

Speaking of Enron I still chuckle now and then at all the righties here who dismissed our claims that Enron was cheating the system to drive up energy prices in California. The poor righties were convinced by Fox News that the problem was enviromental regulations even though the regulations hadn't changed in years and prices suddenly spiked 500% after Enron got control of the system.
                        Last edited by Dinner; March 16, 2005, 03:31.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ken Lay will go to prison for life. Then the ensuing civil suits will take everything from him and his family.

In fact, I believe the entire Enron executive team should be bled down to their last penny.

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                              I'd rather have DP for some white-collar crimes than for first-degree murder. They cause a hell of a lot more damage.

Comment

Working...
                              X