Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 year old shoots younger brother- intentionally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dissident

Canadians are not violent like americans. In essence, they are pansies and wusses.
    Wait till summer. We're too busy smoking pot and trying to stay warm most of the year.

present company excluded of course.
    Of course.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Canadians are not violent like americans. In essence, they are pansies and wusses.

present company excluded of course.
      And thet my friend is sterotyping.
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

And thet my friend is sterotyping.
        not necessarily.

Take away all gun related crimes, and I can gurantee that americans committ more crimes than Canadians.

We are a violent people, our culture is more violent, we watch more violent movies, play more violent video games, etc. We shoot explosive devices on the 4th of july. We have a violent national anthem.

Comment

• so are you saying that canadians dont watch violent movies they dont play violent games etc or the fact that fire works dont exist in canada
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

• He has a point Mrs Tubs, though he exaggerates it I think....

Our cultures are very similar in many respects but I would agree with Diss - we are a tad less violent.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
              so are you saying that canadians dont watch violent movies they dont play violent games etc or the fact that fire works dont exist in canada
              I'm not saying those are causes of violence. In truth, I can't explain why we are more violent. But the numbers don't lie.

As I've said, you can take away the availability of guns issue, and I'm certain we have more knife attacks etc.

and you'd think the cold weather would make more people agitated. I guess not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                It must be passed both houses of Congress by a 2/3 majority, be signed by the President, then ratified by 2/3 of the states.
                I think it needs to be ratified by 3/4 of the states, actually...
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

A better argument could be made for the opposite. The cold makes us more sedate. The heat gets americans riled up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil
                    He has a point Mrs Tubs, though he exaggerates it I think....

Our cultures are very similar in many respects but I would agree with Diss - we are a tad less violent.
                    While I dont disagree that he might have a point. I diagree with the fact that he said americans tend to be more violent. Perhaps his ideas have to do with the fact that the us has more people in it. And their violence is more publicized.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil

A better argument could be made for the opposite. The cold makes us more sedate. The heat gets americans riled up.
                      that could explain why people in the middle east are even more riled up than we are.

Comment

I'm not saying those are causes of violence. In truth, I can't explain why we are more violent. But the numbers don't lie.

As I've said, you can take away the availability of guns issue, and I'm certain we have more knife attacks etc.

For 2003 number of murders by weapon per 100 000 in the US (in Canada in brackets)

Firearm: 3.38 (0.52)
                        Knife: 0.64 (0.46)
                        Blunt object/beating: 0.56 (0.39)
                        Strangulation/asphyxiation: 0.12 (0.20)
                        Fire/explosives: 0.06 (0.04)
                        Other/unknown: 0.30 (0.16)

Total: 5.05 (1.77)

Please note that while the Canadian statistics include all murder and manslaughter charges the US statistics do not. There are ~2000 nonnegligent manslaughter charges not included in the US statistics by weapon, which brings the US total murder rate to 5.7 per 100 000 inhabitants.
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• So strangulation is the canadian way?
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

• Also note that in the US 80% of murders using a firearm more specifically used a handgun. Recent figures are not available to me currently for Canada, but historically the number hovers around 40-45%.
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• This would make the US murder rate by longarms ~0.67 and the Canadian rate ~0.31

The major difference is therefore in the murder rate by handguns

US: ~2.71
                              Canada: ~0.21

All the other numbers are comparable (in general lower in Canada by ~30%). That one sticks out like a sore thumb (13 times as high)
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• For all the canadians I must ask this. are the indian reservation crime stats included with the totals of the rest of the population.

Comment

Working...
                                X