Ripping unrippable cds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin

Hard to copy it when the computer won't even recognize the CD contains data.
    If an audio player will recognize it, a cd-rom should do so as well. All you need is a driver.

Comment

I have a similar problem with my Filter - Title of Record album. It plays in all CD players, but the computer doesn't recognize it at all. I looked into it a while back and I read somewhere that you can just take a black magic marker to the inner circle of the CD and it'll fix it. I'm too chicken to try it though.
      "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Would this be the security I heard some talk about about a year ago where holding shift down (or something equally easy) to make it possible to rip it? Don't see how this could help making the cd 'visible', so maybe there's just something wrong with the cd?
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

It was Depeche Mode: the Singles 86-98. It kept being a btich, then all the sudden, it worked, so I ripped it quick before it changed it's mind.

I thought it might be my cd-drive. I have an old Kenwood 52x Multibeam, which had a recall, but I didn't find out about it until too late. It works most of the time, but sometimes it's a pain.

That wasn't the problem, cus I also put the cd in my CD-RW drive, and it didn't work there. Then, for some reason, it started working in the Kenwood, so . . . it got ripped, and then it got sold.
          Last edited by chequita guevara; March 13, 2005, 19:46.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That's weird. I have that same CD and it works fine. I must have a different print or something.

PS. [grammar nazi]You spelled Depeche Mode wrong[/grammar nazi]
            "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

It was Depeche Mode: the Singles 86-98.

KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Depeche Mode is great. I picked up all of their CDs a few years back when I was in Eastern Europe for $2 per CD.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

ewww 80's music
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    ewww 80's music
                    I'm willing to bet you like Limp Bizkit. Therefore, your opinion counts for jack ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X