No announcement yet.

7 Science Degrees -- Overeducated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't need 7 advanced science degrees to know star wars/sdi was the greatest gravy train for science labs that ever was. Of course they are going to say the research was worthwhile.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
      I'm sorry. Do you have 7 advanced science degrees? Maybe I should listen to him on the feasibility rather than you. That is, unless you want government by the stupid people.
      A huge group of scientists maintain that Star Wars is stupid. I reckon they have at least several hundred advanced science degrees among them.

Several hundred >> 7
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Of course when we look up to the heavens and see Reagan's star wars system which has been protecting everyone since 1985, we know he was right.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Bah. By AH's measure, they are just sore because their labs weren't a part of the gravy train.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Australian labs were/are part of both initiative - we're happy to take your money, thanks.

Comment

Re: 7 Science Degrees -- Overeducated?

Originally posted by DanS
              B.Sc., Physics, Johns Hopkins University
              M.Sc., Aerospace Science, The Catholic University of America
              Ph.D., Aerospace Engineering, University of Maryland
              M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California
              M.Sc., Applied Physics, Johns Hopkins University
              MBA, Loyola College
              M.Sc., Civil Engineering, George Washington University

The man tapped by Bush to be the new NASA Administrator has 7 science degrees.

First off, at least the engineering degrees are really, really tough, time-consuming courses of study. Second, if you're going to be a professional student, it would make more sense to do it in some bull**** area like sociology or psychology.

But most importantly, anybody with a masters degree in physics from Johns Hopkins is a suspect individual to my mind.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Is KH going for his Masters, or his PhD from Johns Hopkins?
                PhD. At some point along the way they hand me a Master's though. If I decided to leave tomorrow they would immediately grant me a terminal master's degree (I've fulfilled all the requirements for it)
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

A master's degree in physics is like tits on a bull...
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Cows have alot of tits though!!!
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

What a dork, anyway...
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Looks like your average, normal physicist who walks the halls at Johns Hopkins.
                        Last edited by DanS; March 16, 2005, 02:22.
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I'd spend my whole life in school if I could. I have a **** load of college credits already, but I'm in some serious debt. I won't be able to borrow anymore after I get my Accounting degree.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I managed my Masters in Aeronautics and Astronautics in 1.5 years. So, 1.5 * 5 + 4 + 4 = 15.5.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Working...
                            X