Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh God No! The beginning of the end for sensible politics in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sava

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
      (the pro-life party there currently might not get as many votes right now, but that could be because it is not a major party that is seen as having a credible chance of winning).
      Uh, no.

Originally posted by Seeker
      When was the 'Sensible Era' in British politics?
      Feb-Oct 1974.
      "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

I am annoyed when the anti-choice people think they can force thier own morality on others. If you are against abortion than don't get one. And the "you're a distroying a life" is also BS, every egg and sperm are also alive.
        You're not much of a biology nerd, or else you'd already know how silly that comparison is.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

It did make me laugh when politicians have all the people standing around the back of the stage when giving speechs, American style
          Believe it or not, that style is by and large a recent innovation in American political stagecraft. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it come your way soon.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

the pro-life party there currently might not get as many votes right now, but that could be because it is not a major party that is seen as having a credible chance of winning

Lets put some perspective, the Official Monster Raving Looney Party registered nearly twice the number of votes per constituency as the Pro-Life Alliance at the last General Election.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Marxism is scientific?
              Marxism has nothing to say on the matter. Individual Marxists may have somethng to say, but they don't represent Marixsm . . . I do.

Not when the ones in acedamia attack people who reseach behavioral genetics because it threatens thier ideological adhearance to the blank slate.
              Call me when behavioral geneticists stop being people who belong to right-wing and racist organizations and trying to prove that certain people are inherently inferior to Northwestern Europeans.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Call me when behavioral geneticists stop being people who belong to right-wing and racist organizations and trying to prove that certain people are inherently inferior to Northwestern Europeans.
                I've actually read things on the topic, and most people who research this stuff are not right-wing racists, so quit with the BAMs and the strawmen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                  You're not much of a biology nerd, or else you'd already know how silly that comparison is.
                  Diploidist
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I've actually read things on the topic,
                    Oh, right, and I've never read anything on the subject.

and most people who research this stuff are not right-wing racists, so quit with the BAMs and the strawmen.
                    Live by the sword, die by the sword, buddy. It's not like you didn't start this off with a BAM and strawman.

Anyway, when the representitives of your favorite field stop writing books like The Bell Curve, and making statements that women are inherently bad at science, I'll stop attacking it for being racist and sexist.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Not when the ones in acedamia attack people who reseach behavioral genetics because it threatens thier ideological adhearance to the blank slate.
                      Is behavioural genetics a real science such as physics and chemistry? Or at least as described by Sir Karl Popper?
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Oh, right, and I've never read anything on the subject.

Live by the sword, die by the sword, buddy. It's not like you didn't start this off with a BAM and strawman.

Anyway, when the representitives of your favorite field stop writing books like The Bell Curve, and making statements that women are inherently bad at science, I'll stop attacking it for being racist and sexist.
                        Thats is like saying all molecular biologists are creationists just because of Behe. every field has it's cooks and nuts. Every non-nut who works on the subject will tell you there is no difference in the average of the INHEIRETED portion of inteligence between ethinic group or sex.

UR, Yes it is a real science. Unless you think Biology is not real science just because it uses concepts instead of mathamatical laws.

Comment

If you're thinking of that Phillip Whatsisname guy, I thought he was promoting East Asian supremacy.

He still offers one optional course over on main campus here, but it's a silly 'video course' where you don't actually get to ask questions.
                          "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                          "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                          "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker

He still offers one optional course over on main campus here, but it's a silly 'video course' where you don't actually get to ask questions.
                            Hmmmm, I wonder why? maybe he is afraid a student with a brain will rip his BS to shreds.

Comment

Well duhhh...

But they(profs) gotta put in some teaching component to keep their jobs over there, and his research efforts are rather treadmillish for obvious reasons,so hes gotta do somthing to keep the bucks rolling in.

I guess not enough net nazis know how to read and buy his book or something.
                              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Well duhhh...

But they(profs) gotta put in some teaching component to keep their jobs over there, and his research efforts are rather treadmillish for obvious reasons,so hes gotta do somthing to keep the bucks rolling in.

I guess not enough net nazis know how to read and buy his book or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X