No announcement yet.

How Many Pushups Can I Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't do any. I'm fit, and run 5 times a week, and in the past I have worked picking bananas, carrying 40 - 60kg bunches, but I don't seem to possess very strong arms. Not really interested in developing them either.
    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

You grow bananas in Australia?
      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Are you touching the floor with your chest or how far ar you going ?

It's hard to say how many you can do without seeing your form.

Also what is your hand position, wide or narrow?

I go within 1" of the floor

I put my hands far enough apart so that my arms form real purdy 45degree angles when I go down

How much do you weigh?

I dont know, when I stopped working out I weighed 155lbs, but I've lost muscle, gained fat, and grew about an inch. My guess is about 145-150.

and just for UR, since he underestimates my L337physical prowess , I will do pushups again today, and I'll take 3 seconds to do each one just so hes happy. I would video tape it I post it online, for bragging privliges of course, but I lack a camera.

Comment

I will do pushups again today, and I'll take 3 seconds to do each one just so hes happy
          No, don't misunderstand him and me, it's not disrespect, it's just that the challenge in those two variations is surprisingly different. I didn't realise it myself before trying. Don't count seconds doing them, just imagine that you're doing them in slow-motion, like a slowed film... for me, doing 20 such is already a challenge. They're good for muscle growth, much better than the ordinary ones.

Comment

I can lay on the floor and assume the Position to try one but then say the hell with this and roll over and get my beer
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

120-130, now don't dissapoint me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kamrat X
                You grow bananas in Australia?
                Yes. There are two major banana growing regions in Australia: North Queensland, and Northern NSW.

I've also picked bananas when I lived on a Kibbutz in Israel.
                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
                X