No announcement yet.

This is just immoral...:angry:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bush administration has been advocating cutting/underfunding WIC now for years. I find it obscene when compared to all the subsidies pushed by Bush and the Republican controlled Congress. Let's not even discuss the value of the taxcuts, and who received them. It's so stupid - the value of nutrition during the prenatal through the childhood years is incontrovertible
    figures...
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Food stamps are distrubited by the ag dept of the gov. the have nothing really to do with the farms.
      Shall I say its part of the ag budget.
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• I want to know this does the gov pay farmers not to grow crops? this is what i hear subsidies are for.
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

• Mrs. Tubes,

Food stamps indirectly fund food products. Farmers are also given direct subsidies.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
            Mrs. Tubes,

Food stamps indirectly fund food products. Farmers are also given direct subsidies.
            I think when most people speak of farm subsidies, they mean DIRECT subsidies. By your reasoning, almost anything would be a farm subsidy because everyone buys food.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• I dont think anybody answered my question. Does the goverment pay farmers to not grow a crop. And just FYI I dont think the ag budget is the one that needs adjusting, If you want to know I think its the aid given to other countries that needs adjusting. For one why does the US always end up being the largest monetary support for all others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                I think when most people speak of farm subsidies, they mean DIRECT subsidies. By your reasoning, almost anything would be a farm subsidy because everyone buys food.
                Buying something isn't the same thing as subsidizing something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                  Does the goverment pay farmers to not grow a crop.
                  Yeah. It's a way to control oversupply.

Comment

Buying something isn't the same thing as subsidizing something.
                    Exactly. Which is why buying food with food stamps isn't farm subsidation.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Yeah. It's a way to control oversupply.
                      thank you. Next question why cant the farmer just grow smaller amounts rather then be paid not to do it at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

thank you. Next question why cant the farmer just grow smaller amounts rather then be paid not to do it at all.
                        Because their price is determined by the market not how much they produce. The more they individually produce the more profit each one will make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
                          Exactly. Which is why buying food with food stamps isn't farm subsidation.
                          Yes it is, because it's govt funded.

Comment

• got a good solution stop the non taxing of farm vehicles. That is so abused anyway.

Comment

Yes it is, because it's govt funded.
                              so by your reasoning, Bush's tax cuts could be farm subsidies if people used them to buy food...
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Ok hold up here the farm subs and the food stamps are in the same budget. One cut hurts both.

Comment

Working...
                                X