USB memory stick acting funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB memory stick acting funny

It won't let me put any file on it - that includes copying and pasting - that has more than 8 characters in the filename. This despite the fact that it already HAS files with more than that, and with spaces too. In fact, it won't let me paste anything into it at all.

Can you still modify data on it? You might have accidentally write-protected it.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Maybe you have stuck it in places you shouldn't have
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yay! An EMP! Sit back and enjoy WW3!
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          Can you still modify data on it? You might have accidentally write-protected it.
          Yes. I even managed to transfer the files by copying them into documents on the stick, then saveing as a different (< 9 characters) filename.

Comment

bump

Comment

**** you too

Comment

Well, I can help you no further.

Disclaimer: This lack of helpfulness has nothing to do with the fact I want to kill you
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I had something like this with a USB stick of my sister. It somehow didn't like one particular Word document. I'm not sure how I solved that one.

Try formatting it (if you hadn't tried that already, and if you have enough space on your HD to back the files up).
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Try microwaving it.

Comment

Working...
                    X