No announcement yet.

Yet another Geography quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if you don't really know, use the basic hangman rules, people: give the v chance, then try the most likely consonants, NSTR. BY then, even before you get through that whole list you should have narrowed the field significantly.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I don't use those stupid hang man rules. I type the whole name on the first guess. When Cote d'Ivoire didn't work I went with Ivory Coast but the program should still use official national names.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It has Germany's capital as "Berlin / Bonn" - I think the dataset is quite old...
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I got 192/192 on the first try. Pretty good, considering the number of capitals I had never heard of before
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I got Malawi, Macedonia, Namibia, and Bangladesh wrong before giving up at 26/198.

To be honest, I think the interface is crappy. You can't enter letters from the keyboard, but you can't make an immediate guess with the mouse. The buttons are too far apart, and their alphabetic sorting is almost a pain.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
              It has Germany's capital as "Berlin / Bonn" - I think the dataset is quite old...
              '
              I almost blew it all on "Zaire".
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I had to look up 10. The interface does suck, but I learnt that Honduras has the same vowel placement as Portugal, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                X