Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giancarlo
    This is called a logical fallacy...
    If a cat kills someone it's more likely to go to the news than if a dog kills one. During my life I have heard about less kills by cats than I hear about kills by dogs in a year

If you can't see that it's a fact that dogs kills more people than cats...

Originally posted by Giancarlo
    what an idiot..
    Oh, my mistake, you were talking to yourself...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Adagio

If a cat kills someone it's more likely to go to the news than if a dog kills one. During my life I have heard about less kills by cats than I hear about kills by dogs in a year

If you can't see that it's a fact that dogs kills more people than cats...

Oh, my mistake, you were talking to yourself...
      You are committing more logical fallacies (and I'm not going to take your word for anything because you are not credible).

For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I bet more people die from getting struck by lighting each year
        So? We're talking about what's more dangerous... a cat or a dog

Originally posted by Giancarlo
        If you want to talk about cats all the time, fine
        You started it by throwing out a lie without trying to back it up

Comment

I hate people like you boris, who try to give dogs as a whole a bad image, when it is not the case.
          Except that's not what I'm doing, since I explicitley stated that 1) I like dogs, and 2) you can't generalize about dogs (or cats or any other animal) that they are "bad." You're just too clueless to actually read and comprehend the argument.

There are some feral and stray dogs out there that do bite people.. and also bad owners who abuse their animals and make them into attack dogs.... that does not speak for dogs as a whole.
          I never said they spoke for dogs as a whole--quite the opposite, I stated they do not. But when it comes to a claim that cats are "just as dangerous" as dogs, such a claim is easily refuted by abundant evidence to the contrary (not to mention simple common sense).

My point is not to demonize dogs (which I like), but to defend cats from demonization.

Did you even read that? No, of course you didn't...then you would have realized it had NOTHING to do with the way you used that "word." "Generalization" was the word you wanted, without any unneccessary modifiers (and it would still have been a completely inaccurate portrayal of what I said).
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

You are committing more logical fallacies (and I'm not going to take your word for anything because you are not credible).
            Then prove me wrong..!

Comment

• Originally posted by Adagio
              You started it by throwing out a lie without trying to back it up
              excuse me fool, you are the one throwing **** out there.

Boris:

My point is not to demonize dogs (which I like), but to defend cats from demonization.
              You are doing the exact opposite in this case.. you are demonizing dogs very abundantly.

Did you even read that? No, of course you didn't...then you would have realized it had NOTHING to do with the way you used that "word." "Generalization" was the word you wanted, without any unneccessary modifiers (and it would still have been a completely inaccurate portrayal of what I said).
              Actually it is not invalid to say overgeneralization, if you were to read the last paragraph. Generalization was not the word I wanted. So **** you.
              For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I bet more people die from getting struck by lighting each year.
                And this is relevant...how? Once again, you have a failure of comprehension. This isn't about dogs being deadlier than car accidents, lightning strikes, heart attacks, snowmobiles, yellow fever, etc. It's about dogs being deadlier than cats.

Since you have failed to provide any evidence supporting your ludicrous assertion that cats are "just as dangerous" as dogs, I can only conclude you once again are cluelessly BAMing.

You are an idiot, boris. I'm sorry I'm just and ****ing tired of your B.S. If you want to talk about cats all the time, fine. But I want a pet that is more active and energetic.. and that actually has some ****ing intelligence.
                Ad hominems are unbecoming, dear Pedro.

People like dogs and cats for different reasons, it's true. But it must KILL you that cats are now more popular as pets in the U.S. than dogs.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

excuse me fool, you are the one throwing **** out there.
                  And what do you call this:

Cats are just as dangerous as dogs as proven with the article that was posted by Wezil

One article doesn't prove anything

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

And this is relevant...how? Once again, you have a failure of comprehension. This isn't about dogs being deadlier than car accidents, lightning strikes, heart attacks, snowmobiles, yellow fever, etc. It's about dogs being deadlier than cats.
                    Once again you have a failure in brain functions...

Since you have failed to provide any evidence supporting your ludicrous assertion that cats are "just as dangerous" as dogs, I can only conclude you once again are cluelessly BAMing.
                    **** you.

But it must KILL you that cats are now more popular as pets in the U.S. than dogs.
                    No they aren't.

Comment

You are doing the exact opposite in this case.. you are demonizing dogs very abundantly.
                      How is providing factual statistics "demonizing" anything, especially when I state over and over that I ****ING LIKE DOGS? I was only defending cats from people's stupid claims that they are "evil." Animals aren't "evil," anyways.

I'm still waiting for a shred of evidence from you to support your claims. Go on, I've provided facts. What have you got? Nothing, as usual, since you're just the same BAM man you've been all along. Man, too bad you've never followed through on your promises to change.

Actually it is not invalid to say overgeneralization, if you were to read the last paragraph. Generalization was not the word I wanted. So **** you.
                      Oh lord. Please read that article again. Isn't English your first language? So I don't understand the problem. The entire article pointed out that the meaning of the word wasn't what you were using it as.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov

How is providing factual statistics "demonizing" anything, especially when I state over and over that I ****ING LIKE DOGS? I was only defending cats from people's stupid claims that they are "evil." Animals aren't "evil," anyways.

I'm still waiting for a shred of evidence from you to support your claims. Go on, I've provided facts. What have you got? Nothing, as usual, since you're just the same BAM man you've been all along. Man, too bad you've never followed through on your promises to change.
                        And the bull**** continues from Boris... I think cats are evil and I do not like them. Anyways, you have not provided facts. You are a dumb bammer. I actually provided facts showing what the most intelligent breed was. If you can't speak with any intelligence what-so-ever I'm going to continue on with some other things... followed through on promises to change? You guys are idiots and you attack me on everything, so why should I change? You make the conditions prohibitive in doing so.

Oh lord. Please read that article again. Isn't English your first language? So I don't understand the problem. The entire article pointed out that the meaning of the word wasn't what you were using it as.
                        You again are ****ing up. Read the article yourself.

Comment

• Anyways, enough of that.. I'm thinking of also the Doberman pinscher breed... since I need a dog that would be willing to protect the owner..

Comment

Once again you have a failure in brain functions...
                            And this is an argument...how?

**** you.
                            Are you 12?

No they aren't.
                            "It 2003-2004 National Pet Owners Survey found that the number of households with pets has increased by more than 10 million since 1992 and that 62% of U.S. households contain at least one pet. That's 64.2 million households (up 20% over 10 years ago) inhabited by 77.7 million cats, 65 million dogs, 16.8 million small animals, 17.3 million birds, 8.8 million reptiles, 7 million saltwater fish, and 185 million freshwater fish."

That's two outright lies you've been caught in so far. Care to make it a hat trick?
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Hey Boris, you want to post a link to that? And as far as I'm concerned, dogs are much larger animals. Again I'm trying to move the thread away from your ****ing insanity, and onto common sense.

Comment

• I have to admit that,That article didnt really prove a thing. The lady already had an open wound that got scratched by her cat. The wound more than likely would have bled out if her dog sratched her.
                                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X