Cat shoots owner: more proof that cats are evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giancarlo
    What a load of crap.. I'm sorry, but cats can be some really angry animals. I almost got my eye balls clawed out by my friend's cat while I was sitting watching TV. I'm sure people get killed by cats too. Dogs aren't evil. Dogs are great.
    Any animal can be "really angry." So what? The point was that you can't generalize cat behavior any more than you can any other animal.

I didn't say dogs are evil, but they are indeed more dangerous than cats. As I said, pet dogs maim and kill people every year, especially children.

So find me an article where a cat killed a person. And I mean a housecat, not some idiot keeping a tiger in his house or something. I'm sure there would be documentation of such a thing. Go ahead, back up a claim you make, for once.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

No idea of the accuracy or truth of the article...

CAT KILLS OWNER
      Thessaloniki, 25 September 2003 (12:49 UTC+2)

A 76-year-old woman in Thessaloniki paid for her love for animals with her life, when she was attacked in her apartment by her cat, and died of blood loss.

The woman was found dead by her apartment entrance by other building residents, who then called the police. As coroner Dimitris Psaroulis announced, the extremely unusual event took place in the apartment bedroom while the 76-year-old was feeding the cat raw meat.

At some point the cat was startled and attacked its owner, digging its claws into her thigh. However, the 76-year-old had a previous injury on the same part of her body, a fact that caused the excessive blood loss.

The unfortunate woman tried to exit her apartment and ask for help, but lost consciousness and was later found dead.

According to neighbors the cat had caused her minor injuries in the past, while the 76-year-old usually fed it raw meat.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

And fellas, think about the ladies!

Women like men who like cats
        Some of us don't need any help attracting the fairer se
        If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Any animal can be "really angry." So what? The point was that you can't generalize cat behavior any more than you can any other animal.

I didn't say dogs are evil, but they are indeed more dangerous than cats. As I said, pet dogs maim and kill people every year, especially children.
          Here you go overgeneralizing dogs once again and once I even try to attack your ideas you say I can't generalize. What a hypocrite you are... I mean give it a damn rest. Cats are just as dangerous as dogs as proven with the article that was posted by Wezil. I just don't want to hear your stupid generalizations either. Dogs are the sweetest pets in the world... they aren't more dangerous then cats, you hypocrite.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
            WTF?
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Cats are just as dangerous as dogs as proven with the article that was posted by Wezil.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

proof that cat owners are crazy:

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

Comment

wow, why is it so hard to find people in threads like this who recognize that both cats and dogs make great loving pets? They are both carnivorous mammals that are happy to mooch off of humans for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
                    wow, why is it so hard to find people in threads like this who recognize that both cats and dogs make great loving pets? They are both carnivorous mammals that are happy to mooch off of humans for a living.
                    This is true. Id own a dog to, If I wasnt so lazy and lived in a house and not an apartment.
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo
                      Here you go overgeneralizing dogs once again
                      What "overgeneralization?" (that isn't even a real word!) I specificially said I DON'T think dogs are evil. I LIKE dogs.

But it is undeniable that dogs are more dangerous animals than cats. That's because dogs can be much, much bigger.

Cats are just as dangerous as dogs as proven with the article that was posted by Wezil.

One (unsubstantiated) story about a cat, and that "proves" they are just as dangerous?

I just don't want to hear your stupid generalizations either. Dogs are the sweetest pets in the world... they aren't more dangerous then cats, you hypocrite.

Approx. 20 people a year in the U.S. die from dog attacks, most of those victims being children.

In fact, dog bites are the second leading cause of injury among children in the U.S.

Dogs not known to the victim account for approximately 10 - 20% of all reported dog bites. (That means most dog bites come from pets familiar with their victims)

Of the estimated 4.7 million people who were bitten by dogs in 1994, 800,000 sought medical care. Of these, 332,000 needed treatment in emergency rooms, and 6,000 were hospitalized. The average hospital stay for a dog-bite injury was 3.6 days.

The breeds most often involved in fatal attacks are Rottweilers and Pit bulls.

In a study reported by a retired professor from California State University at Chino, Robert Plum, it was found that one dog in 55 will bite someone seriously during the course of a year.

These numbers are also most likely an under-representation, as the majority of dog attacks are unreported. Most bites are only reported when they require emergency room treatment.

Claiming dogs are "just as dangerous" as cats is simply not true. It is, in fact, not possible, since as I already mentioned, dogs are naturally going to be more dangerous due to size differences.

Also, human owners rarely train cats to attack people. The same can't be said for dogs, particularly pit bulls, rottweilers, german shephards and dobermans.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• [QUOTE] Originally posted by Boris Godunov

What "overgeneralization?" (that isn't even a real word!) I specificially said I DON'T think dogs are evil. I LIKE dogs.

But it is undeniable that dogs are more dangerous animals than cats. That's because dogs can be much, much bigger.

Approx. 20 people a year in the U.S. die from dog attacks, most of those victims being children.
                        20 people a year? Wow.. holy ****ing jesus... 41,000 people die from car accidents a year. It seems we are more dangerous to ourselves then any animals.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Your posts are like sneezes.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
                            This is true. Id own a dog to, If I wasnt so lazy and lived in a house and not an apartment.
                            My roommate and I have toyed with the idea of getting a dog. I frankly don't like the idea of keeping a dog in an apartment at all. And we can't agree on a breed, as I am devoted to pugs, but he wants something a bit more macho. Cats are out since he is allergic, unfortunately.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• I hate people like you boris, who try to give dogs as a whole a bad image, when it is not the case. There are some feral and stray dogs out there that do bite people.. and also bad owners who abuse their animals and make them into attack dogs.... that does not speak for dogs as a whole.

Overgeneralization:

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo
                                20 people a year? Wow.. holy ****ing jesus... 41,000 people die from car accidents a year. It seems we are more dangerous to ourselves then any animals.
                                And how many people die from cat attacks? Almost none..!
                                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X