Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it with Germans...

...and TV courtrooms?

I swear, every time I turn on a German channel (I get RTL 1 & 2, DSF, ORF) there is a 50-50 chance there will be a "court" talk show on. Mostly on RTL I think.

My Deutsch ist sehr ****ty so Ich kann nicht verstanden what they are talking about.

So that is my question. Who are these people puting on trial all the time, why, and why is this so popular in Germany?

If you turn on German TV after 9PM, you will definitely not get much courtroom stuff.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

if you turn on German TV after midnight...
      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
      Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Try Barbara Salesch next time

Comment

Re: What is it with Germans...

Originally posted by VetLegion
          ...and TV courtrooms?

I swear, every time I turn on a German channel (I get RTL 1 & 2, DSF, ORF) there is a 50-50 chance there will be a "court" talk show on. Mostly on RTL I think.

My Deutsch ist sehr ****ty so Ich kann nicht verstanden what they are talking about.

So that is my question. Who are these people puting on trial all the time, why, and why is this so popular in Germany?
          It's that love of order and control the Germans have.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

fascists

is america much better? We have too much courtroom coverage.

Comment

...and TV courtrooms?

entertainment for the social underclass

Basically the cases are like person A was told by B to murder C, but D is accused of having done the murder and in the end it gets all resolved and the real criminals are always found out.
              I don't know how much these cases are based on reality, sometime they show videos of a crime-scene visit that look somewhat authentical, or not, I don't know.
              Then there was a case where the father was accused of breaking his boy's leg while he was asleep who wanted to become a dancer, but in the end it was his brother who was jealous.

It started out long ago and the niveau at first was okay and the cases normal and I liked it because there was this sarcastic commentator who looked like a law student.

However not long and they couldn't resist digging out the dirtiest dirt they could find and the level fell a lot. The "youth court" - "Jugendgericht" or so is the worst of them all presenting problems of the lowest social level.

Comment

VetLegion, y ou are correct. EVERYTIME!!! Germans.. :shakehead:
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Better stay away from that rubbish! Instead of Jerry Springer we get this. And even when I thought things can't get much worse...
                  The "youth court" - "Jugendgericht" or so is the worst of them all presenting problems of the lowest social level.
                  ...so true. I use to call her Frollein Freisler. Thankfully our real judges can do way better than this.
                  justice is might

Comment

no they can't. I was just fvcked by one at Amtsgericht Tiergarten a few weeks ago

Comment

...and TV courtrooms?

Jeah, RTL ansd Sat 1 love to show these things every afternoon
                      As Atahualpa said, enterntainment for the lower classes.

But it´s also good if you want to learn for any exam and just want to have the TV running without being tempted to think too much about the things you see in TV (did so during learning for a maths exam )
                      As for the cases themselves:
                      They aren´t real cases anymore. I think in the beginning some shows like Barbara Salesh showed real cases for some time, but it got them legal troubles and so now, everything you see in these court talk shows is just an invention of a scriptwriter (they also have a disclaimer which says so in their credits)
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

that's why you don't turn on a TV set during the afternoon in this country.

or during any other part of the day for that matter. I do watch Star Trek now and again when I visit my parents or a friend, apart from that my life is TV-free.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                          that's why you don't turn on a TV set during the afternoon in this country.
                          Yeah, unfortunately you can say that for morning, noon, and often evening and night as well.

Unterschichtenfernsehen
                          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                            no they can't. I was just fvcked by one at Amtsgericht Tiergarten a few weeks ago
                            Oh, that's where I work. Maybe I fvcked you. What did you do?
                            justice is might

Comment

...and TV courtrooms?

Nuremburg fasinated them.
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X