Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have I ever been condescending and Rude to anyone here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have I ever been condescending and Rude to anyone here?

Originally posted by Tuberski
    The wife says I have, I say that I haven't.

Tell me, am I an *******?

ACK!
    Yeah, me. But don't sweat it. I ran across this article >>

"KAMPALA, Uganda - A 16-foot-long (5-meter-long) crocodile said to have eaten more than 80 people has been caught alive in Uganda and transferred to a sanctuary, officials said Tuesday.

advertisement

The giant beast — weighing about a ton — was captured by wildlife experts who spent three nights camping in the bush before locating their target.

Residents told local media the crocodile killed 83 people over the last two decades, mostly fishermen plying their trade on Lake Victoria off the shores of Bugiri district.

“Much as the residents of Luganga wanted to kill the reptile after our rangers had captured it, it is our responsibility to protect it by removing it from that area and keeping it in a safe place,” Uganda Wildlife Authority spokeswoman Lillian Nsubuga told Reuters.

The beast — reportedly more than 60 years old — was trapped using ropes and transported by pickup truck to the Buwama crocodile farm, west of the capital, Kampala.

The state-owned New Vision newspaper said it “roared” as it was released into a holding ground at the farm Monday.

Crocodiles sometimes attack and kill villagers collecting water or fishing in Lake Victoria, Africa’s biggest lake."

The way I look at it, Tubes, as long as the world still has people in it that are dumb enough to let an animal like this live, there is always a chance that the next ass it takes a bite out of will be yours.

I'm content to let God and the unending stupidity of mankind even my scores. So, don't sweat it. I'll be emailing Ms. Tubes some Ugandian tourist brochures soon though.

Comment

dont think i want to be fighting with any large lizards gonna have to pass on that.
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

This thread would be shorter if the title was "Is there anyone here I have not been rude and condescending to?"
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Ok most have already stated tubes has been a good boy. Just to let all of those who care know Im gonna be Kissing ass for bout a month now cause nobody here said he was mean.
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

Wait a minute - I did
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
              Just to let all of those who care know Im gonna be Kissing ass for bout a month now cause nobody here said he was mean.
              Any chance there'll be pictures to back up what you say?

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darsnan

Any chance there'll be pictures to back up what you say?

D
                Are you Kidding The man will sell tickets. The photos will be printed in gold of me kissing but. S***

Comment

Update I havent had to kiss ass as of yet. but I know its coming.

Comment

I don't think Tuber has said anything rude to me
                    Of course my memory is like a cheddar cheese... many big holes
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

• Have I ever been condescending and Rude to anyone here?

Pretty much everyone. My former sig line was a self-quote something like "I like to encourage people to think, whether they like it or not."
                      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                      2004 Presidential Candidate
                      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• KH: good one

Originally posted by Azazel
                        Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from a famous US engineering school. Master's degree in management from an Aussie uni.

an MBA, UR? I never knew.
                        Somebody is needed to run the organisation effectively when the revolution comes
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by duke o' york
                          Originally posted by UR
                          I don't think I have, and I don't think Snowflake can be rude to anybody.

Well I remember that thread where she and Pekka had an interesting exchange of views about his ideas regarding women and how to treat them. I'm pretty sure she was rude to him, but it was entirely justified (and bloody hilarious).
                          Sure? I thought she was rather polite. I would be much ruder if I were her.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• BS Chem Eng 1987 Penn State University

Sorry I missed this thread earlier I had to take that bastard Tuberski off my ignore list.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• I have no degree... some college education... but no desire or motivation to do anything.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Yet for some reason you still wake up every day.

Is it because you love Poly so much?
                                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                                X