No announcement yet.

The legends of your country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, this chick Laura Secord trecked thirty kilometres... through a forest... with a cow... to warn Fort York... about the invading Americans... and made it. Canada uber alles.

THE AMERIKANAZIS ARE COMING! THE AMERIKANAZIS ARE COMING!
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Yes, we have a tale of the great Kevin the Chav and how he wrestled a Staffordshire Bull Terrier to the ground...but it was his pet
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

and then he founded Springfield.

Comment

I thought that was Jebediah Springfield?
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

yeah, but he wrestled with a bear. must be the same dude.

another legend: the Romans came and we fought them off. only the Persians did likewise.

Comment

DDR = Ecthelion
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'd hit it! (with the RAF)
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

that's not a legend, that's a Räuberpistole

Comment

another legend: Siegfried and Kriemhild and Dietrich, thy all fought off the Huns. how can you call us huns when we saved you all from their raging hordes?

Comment

Your Ostrogoth ancestors fought for the Huns, Hun.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

maybe you say "hun" as short for "honey". thanks

Comment

Hun == Savage == European.
                          Civilization == ASIA!
                          B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                            I wonder if someone will come up with a true legend, not some crap out of a racist mind.
                            Once, there was a prince named Popiel. He was a mean od fellow, and eventually paid for his deeds, as mice revolted against him and started chaising him. In the end, he sheltered in a castle on an island, in Kruszwica. But eventually they found a way in and have eaten him alive.
                            A part of the story is about his wife that encouraged him to getting rid of the council of elders and eventually they poisoned them all during a feast.

To not say that all Germans in Polish legends are evil, I shoud say that once, a Major Polish prince and later king of Poland, Przemyslaw, married Ludgarda, a German (of Polabian descent, though), princess of Meklemburg. It seems it was a marriage of love, but as Ludgarda could not give Przemyslaw a son, he grew tired of her, and once, when he's left the castle, she was suffocated by her own servants - perhaps they did what they were told to do.
                            This story became legendary as well among the people of Major Poland.

Another part of the mentioned legend: It was under Popiel's reign, when two travelers came. Popiel mistreated them, but they found shelter in a house of a simple peasant named Piast, who was just making a traditional feast named postrzyzyny. The travelers made a couple of miracles, and when the evil Popiel was killed, Piast became the king.
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

get a girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                                Hun == Savage == European.
                                Civilization == ASIA!
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...