No announcement yet.

Apolytoner's Favorite Films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw Master and Commander on HBO yesterday. This is the second time I have seen the movie. I must say, that my "expectations" ruined my first viewing of the film. I was not prepared for such a nuanced movie, but was instead looking more for the Error Flynn approach to sea epics.

But, after seeing the film for a second time, I began to appreciated it much more. It is a very, very good film.

BTW, has any here seen Gregory Peck in Moby Dick? That was another classic.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
      I was not prepared for such a nuanced movie, but was instead looking more for the Error Flynn approach to sea epics.
      It's understated nature is what makes it so excellent - and I too liked it more the second time around. (Probably because I was a little frustrated trying to follow the 'accented' english dialogue when I saw it the first time.)

It'll be one of those movies that will grow on me with each viewing.
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• I love master and commander. Of course I love the navy, so that may be why. Although this is the British navy. But they weren't pansies back then . JK of course.

Comment

Working...
        X