• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've drank and gotten drunk before.

So.

I would hope sex to be more fun.

It is. Have some and become mellow.

I don't need to go to New York to know that there is a Statue of Liberty.

But if you were asserting that she had DDD boobs, a visit to the Big Apple would be beneficial.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

How was prohibition a failure?
      If it was a success, it'd still be in effect..........

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Let's see.

To smoke pot, I have to go to a dealer rather than buying it from a store. I don't have any guarantees as to the purity and the quality of the product.

That's why you shop around. I thought you liked capitalism.

There is also a stigma to it's use. Perhaps not in your crowd, but certainly in mine, a stigma not attached to moderate drinking.

If you're talking about the Catholic church, then "moderate" drinking refers to three litres of Scotch a day.

Legalisation would likely change both of these impediments, and increase usage.

And increased happiness. How evil...
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

And increased happiness. How evil...

And less wife beatings...
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Let's see.

To smoke pot, I have to go to a dealer rather than buying it from a store. I don't have any guarantees as to the purity and the quality of the product.
            OR you grow your own!
            There is also a stigma to it's use. Perhaps not in your crowd, but certainly in mine, a stigma not attached to moderate drinking.
            I don't care about stigma's... if people want to be ignorant and think pot is bad, then fine. It's their loss.
            Legalisation would likely change both of these impediments, and increase usage.
            Legalization has no bearing on usage. If anything, legalization leads to less usage. But only if you look at which countries have more liberal attitudes towards pot and compare their usage statistics. HINT: the Netherlands has lower usage per capita than the US and pot is legal there.

uhmmm let's see... people still doing it despite it being illegal. The law is supposed to be about punishment. Why punish people for smoking marijuana? Where is the justice in that? And if prohibition's goal is to curb usage and not just be about punishment, then it has been a massive failure. Just look at the billions flushed down the toilet on the drug war in America. It's pure insanity. Think of all the children that could receive free education or medical care with that money. Think of what that money could have done if it had been dedicated to solving problems in Africa. How many lives could have been saved? Millions perhaps.

But no, a bunch of holier than thou moronic "moralists" wanted to punish people for using marijuana, and it got made illegal. And in America, pot was made illegal, in part, because of racism towards Mexicans.

And BK, you cannot deny Asher's point. Nor have you addressed it either. That prohibition is funding criminal enterprises. So please, forget everything else I've said about marijuana... just address Asher's point that "illegal" marijuana is funding criminals like this guy who killed four Canadian law enforcement officers.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Pot affects all people differently. On one hand you can say it f**** with your brain but on the other hand so does alcohol dont know why its illegal.
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Duh.

National prohibition of alcohol (1920-33)--the "noble experiment"--was undertaken to reduce crime and corruption, solve social problems, reduce the tax burden created by prisons and poorhouses, and improve health and hygiene in America. The results of that experiment clearly indicate that it was a miserable failure on all counts. The evidence affirms sound economic theory, which predicts that prohibition of mutually beneficial exchanges is doomed to failure

The lessons of Prohibition remain important today. They apply not only to the debate over the war on drugs but also to the mounting efforts to drastically reduce access to alcohol and tobacco and to such issues as censorship and bans on insider trading, abortion, and gambling.[1]

Although consumption of alcohol fell at the beginning of Prohibition, it subsequently increased. Alcohol became more dangerous to consume; crime increased and became "organized"; the court and prison systems were stretched to the breaking point; and corruption of public officials was rampant. No measurable gains were made in productivity or reduced absenteeism. Prohibition removed a significant source of tax revenue and greatly increased government spending. It led many drinkers to switch to opium, marijuana, patent medicines, cocaine, and other dangerous substances that they would have been unlikely to encounter in the absence of Prohibition. Those results are documented from a variety of sources, most of which, ironically, are the work of supporters of Prohibition--most economists and social scientists supported it. Their findings make the case against Prohibition that much stronger.[
                From the ultra-liberal think tank, the Cato Institute.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

One good thing about pot is it doesn't make people violent. Unlike alcohol.

I never heard of a pothead regularly beating his wife and kids.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

One time I ate 2 pot cookies in a very short time period. Very, very strong ones. So I had an extremely intense high--but then came the crash. I suddenly plunged into a paralyzing state of paranoia and abject terror over nothing in particular. Far worse than any fear I've ever felt under "normal" circumstances, and completely irrational. Took me 3 days to feel fully okay again.

So high doses can have bad side effects. But had I had a comparable dosage of alcohol, I would likely have been poisoned and died.
                    Last edited by Boris Godunov; March 5, 2005, 01:20.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                      One good thing about pot is it doesn't make people violent. Unlike alcohol.

I never heard of a pothead regularly beating his wife and kids.
                      Maybe, but I knew a guy who I went to middle school with who got high, tried to rob a video store and beat the clerk unconscious with a hammer. She has permanent brain damage now, and he is still in prison, I believe.

Now, he was a volatile guy anyway, so I don't think the pot made him violent, but I bet he went and did something he ordinarily would have had the restraint not to do.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I smoked two joints all the while drinking beer. had like 5 beers and two joints all it did was aquaint me with the porcelain goddess.
                        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

yeah drinking and MJ don't go together well...
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

BTW, Ive' only thrown up once from smoking pot, and that was only cuz I ate a whole bag of doritos

edit: and some cookies
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                              BTW, Ive' only thrown up once from smoking pot, and that was only cuz I ate a whole bag of doritos

edit: and some cookies
                              Nacho Cheese of course.......

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

It's interesting that cannabinoid receptor blocking drugs will soon be available to combat tobacco addiction, alcohol addiction and obesity. It is evident that the THC molecule mimics something in our brain that is involved in the mediation of addictive behavior. Taking that into consideration maybe it's not a good idea to have a lot of pot running around.
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X