Evil Evil France!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Evil France!

I knew there was a reason not to trust those Frenchies!
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Baby prostitution?

Now I've heard of everything. I'm sure of it.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Is this that bogus trial or a different one?

-------
      Baby prostitution?

You can go to Rome and see dads rent their 8 years olds.

Crazy place!!
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I hope this trial will not be a farce like the last one of this kind.

Some monthes ago, the infamous Outreau trial ended. It was pretty much the same: a community that was alledgedly happily whoring and raping their kids. Most alledged pedophiles pleaded innocent. They were kept in jail for one to two years for them to admit their "obvious" guilt. All of them suffered the delicate treatment that wardens and prisoners agree to inflict on child molesters. One of them committed suicide. One woman that pleaded guilty, however, was liberated from jail.

Turns out it was wrong. The psychologist who interviewed the children was partial, and she told it was a rock-solid case, when it wasn't. Oopies :scratch-head: Not that she was the only one at fault, mind you. In France, everytime some sinister stroy of this kind happens, there's a hysteria against whomever seems to be the culprit. If the psychologist's bias had such dire consequences, that's because all of France (and in this particular case, all of the judicial system) was more than eager to believe her.

So, we end up with several innocent people horribly tortured for one to two years. We end up with one suicide. We end up with all those still-alive people completely broken, hated by their families, by their former friends, completely pariah in their careers. After having suffered physical pain, they are now suffering from stigma.

The psychologist made a nice scapegoat for what little outrage there was about that. The news were covered, but it's not like many people wanted to see heads roll for that. The judge who ordered all that crap (in France, we have judges that inquire cases temselves, they don't have the sole roles of arbitrators) was still in place. He didn't made one apology to the victims of his Kafkaesque decisions: he was following the judicial process
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yet more proof that the French are evil.
          Napoleonic Code
          Common Law
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

To connect my previous post with that thread:

I have personally learned from the Outreau trial that it is very easy to depict somebody as a demon as soon as you alledge he's a pedophile. No matter whether it's the truth or not. Besides, nobody cares about protecting the presumption of innocence for pedophiles: the media will be far more willing than usual to show the faces, say the names, and generally spit on the "obvious" monsters.

And no matter how many of these 66 people turn out to be actually innocent, once the allegations become public, they'll be villified for the rest of their lives
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
              Common Law
              You know, we do have protections against this kind of crap, normally. We are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. But such a thing doesn't apply when you're alledged of being a pedophile. Unless the accusation against you looks really flimsy, once you're accused this way, you're villified as surely as if someone said something bad on you on the dazibao.

Comment

dazibao?

Comment

Walls dedicated to be written on, during the Chinese cultural revolution. It was supposed to be a place of free and quite anonymous expression, and plenty of people used it to villify some personal enemy.

Useless to say, sometimes the personal enemy in question was taken by the red guard (on grounds of their well-established anticommunism ) and publicly villified. The tradition of public villifying in that time's China was particularily nice, as the red guard would demand to publicly confess how evil you are (and you are much more evil than you think, a real monster without any redeeming quality) for the crowd to hate you. In general, you weren't seen afterwards.

The way we treat our alledged pedophiles in France reminds me of that. It's less extremistic, bnut the people from Outreau are not the only ones who have become pariah after allegations of pedophilia, far from it.

Comment

You people still use the Guillotine? This is ****ing sick
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Actually scratch that, mass hysteria, moral panics and vigilantism
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                        You can go to Rome and see dads rent their 8 years olds.

Crazy place!!
                        BBC had a special a few weeks back about the child sex trade. It said most of the kids are brought in from Maldova or Rumania often by their own fathers. Strangely enough it said young boys commanded a higher price then young girls.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                          You people still use the Guillotine? This is ****ing sick
                          The death penalty has been abandoned in 1981.

Comment

But you had the coolest way to kill people! Ok the Nazi's perfected it by having them lying on their backs but nothing beats the elegant simplicity of "The Gallic Quadrilateral"

Comment

Re: Evil Evil France!

lol being anti-french is teh kool LOL!
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                              X