• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
    Originality
    Loinburger
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

This is an incredibly horrifying story. I wonder if it is the case that pedophiles face the same treatment in prison in France that they did in the USA.

Don't worry, we'll probably treat them worse, except for the death row thing. We have the dubious honour to be the only country that has ever been condemned for torture in its prisons by the European Court of Human Rights, along with Turkey
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Prosecutors allege that children aged 6 months...were raped
        Yuck.
        How does that work?
        Not sure if I want to know
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
          This is an incredibly horrifying story. I wonder if it is the case that pedophiles face the same treatment in prison in France that they did in the USA.

Don't worry, we'll probably treat them worse, except for the death row thing. We have the dubious honour to be the only country that has ever been condemned for torture in its prisons by the European Court of Human Rights, along with Turkey
          I suppose it is wrong to wish pain upon another human being, even when it is people like this.
          "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

BTW, I'm sorry if I look that I don't care about the kids, because it's not how I feel.

But I have been so gut-wrenchingly disgusted by the previous scandals that I now end up focusing more on the alleged culprits than on the victims (who are most certainly real). I guess I was deeply disturbed by the perspective that absolutely anybody could have his whole life destroyed by a Kafkaian justice and a vigilante mob. And by "anybody", it includes me and my loved ones.

Maybe in an overreation to this, I so want not to be part of the seething mob that I refuse to be affected by the horrible practices that'll be judged there.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I just scanned the French newspapers about this. I began with the commie newspaper I'm suscribed to, and I was pleasantly surprised, believing that there was an actual outrage over the Outreau trials from 9 mothes ago, and that steps would be taken to avoid both judicial mishaps and mass hysteria. Well, the first one is true (the inquirers have carefully attempted to have more proof than the denunciations of children and of a single loony adult). But the second...

On the other newspapers I scanned, a strong emphasis was put on the monstrous acts perpetrated, and the journalists didn't use the word "allegedly" at all. Guilty until proven innocent I guess
                  Besides, when I saw that the full names weren't revealed, I was glad, because I believed it was to protect the anonymity of the accused. How wrong I was: the only reason why the full names aren't published is because doing so would reveal the identity of the children. If it wasn't for that, there would be a full-speed villification of the accused already

Comment

-- Spiffor's recount of how alleged paedophilia throws away the standards of Western law --

I've encountered a similar phenomenon in the Finnish press. A 21 year old man has been arrested for the murder of a "beautiful girl", a 19 year old model. The headlines scream "Why did Henkka kill her?" (the arrested guy is called Henri, his nickname is Henkka), even though the judicial process has only barely started.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

So the key is to commit crimes against old ugly people.
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Yes. That reminds me of the good old Onion article, headlined "Ugly 12 Year Old Girl Killed, Nobody Cares" or something to that effect.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                          I just scanned the French newspapers about this. I began with the commie newspaper I'm suscribed to, and I was pleasantly surprised, believing that there was an actual outrage over the Outreau trials from 9 mothes ago, and that steps would be taken to avoid both judicial mishaps and mass hysteria. Well, the first one is true (the inquirers have carefully attempted to have more proof than the denunciations of children and of a single loony adult). But the second...

On the other newspapers I scanned, a strong emphasis was put on the monstrous acts perpetrated, and the journalists didn't use the word "allegedly" at all. Guilty until proven innocent I guess
                          Besides, when I saw that the full names weren't revealed, I was glad, because I believed it was to protect the anonymity of the accused. How wrong I was: the only reason why the full names aren't published is because doing so would reveal the identity of the children. If it wasn't for that, there would be a full-speed villification of the accused already
                          Considering that many of the accused have already admitted to rape and child prostitution I'm not shedding any tears for the "villified."
                          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

La fille qui fait la metéo de Nulle Part Ailleurs constitue la preuve incontestable que la France n'est pas, ne sera jamais, et n'était jamais "evil".

Unfortunately I have to rely on Spiffor to provide a picture, because I can't remember her name.
                            But let's never again have a thread with such a misleading title!

Comment

Again those kind of news that I could have lived without.
                              The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
                              - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

So why did you click on the link?

Comment

Working...
                                X