No announcement yet.

OzzyKP on WestWing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at Imran and Ozzy arguing the motivation and intent of fictional characters/scriptwriters.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It is a bit surreal, i'nit.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
        Well it would be interesting to have a Republican President on the show. Could give the show a whole new bent, and introduce all sorts of new issues. I wonder if it would count as jumping the shark though?
        Considering that they'd have to replace just about the entire cast to retain credibility, I think the shark would prove to be a launch ramp to a new continent of crap.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

not to mention hollywood is liberal, and wouldn't know how to write a republican president without being insulting.

actually I shouldn't say that. I remember they had that hot blonde republican chick (as if that could really happen ). Hayes was her name I believe. I stopped watching the show though- is she still on? Or did she get phased out?

Comment

After an incredible marathon sex session with Rob Lowe, she converted.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

yeah I would convert after a sex marathon with Rob Lowe. He's a hottie.

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

She went to CSI (Miami?), no?
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Alda will part of a major story arc, but if they put him in the White House with a majority in congress, where's the fun in that?
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

We can see how many wars he can start
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                        Alda will part of a major story arc,
                        I'm thinking Hollywood was cowed by the recent election, and will start pandering to the GOP side of America.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yeah, but he's a California Republican... what a liberal .
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well, I think that's how they can stomach it, by making him a Schwatzneger Republican.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

they have already done a heavy upgrade of the Repub/conservative presence on the show in the past year, and these characters are no longer portrayed as totally evil. The VPs are clearly flawed an idiot and a womanizer), and the WW staff has been shown to have significant foibles.

This creates a more politically balanced show. They need meaningful political conflict and the continuation of established characters, it's what the show was built on. Turning it into the Alan Alda Show with an all new cast just won't get it done.

Comment

There's always the inevitable conflict between the two and a half wings of the GOP.

Comment

Working...
                                X