No announcement yet.

OzzyKP on WestWing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. It hit and all intelligent life on Earth was wiped out.

The human population was reduced by 10 and medical research was in a crisis for lack of monkeys.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The human population was reduced by 10
      i guess you mean "to 10" (the remaining 10 being the westwing cast)?
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

No, I think he had it the right way round.

Those poor, poor dolphins.
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

West Wing was, for several years, the best written drama on TV. The overhaul they've done has changed the personalities of several characters, and not for teh better. But after some real stinkers the end of last season, they seem to have stabilized. Last night's was a bit of a balancing act between the absurd subplots and the Smits character separating himself from the other candidates by winning a key vote for the Dems.

Clearly, they are priming Jimmy Smits to be the Prez if the show continues. Too bad for Otter...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
            Other shows in syndication on cable which suck:

NYPD Blue

It's time has come, for lo, the last episode loometh, when Dennis Frantz will quit his police job, to become an anger management therapist and part time drag queen doing Liza tributes.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
              Clearly, they are priming Jimmy Smits to be the Prez if the show continues. Too bad for Otter...
              cant they keep electing the same guy for prez every 4 years?
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Thanks for the thread Che.

I am so excited about the show! I wasn't watching it, but a few friends IMed me to tell me to tune in, and then my mom called me, so I turned it on and taped it. What an amazing show! In a little bit I am going to call NBC. See if I can get in touch with some of the show's writers.

Not only did the show mention the voting age issue, which is amazing itself, but it did so in a very serious, articulate way, ending up with the President actually supporting the issue. Wow!

But better yet, all the lines those kids were saying in support of lowering the voting age came directly from the NYRA website and stuff I had written. So The West Wing basically quoted me. I am 100% certain that the writers visited our website to get arguments in favor of lowering the voting age, so they are not only familiar with the issue, but familiar with us as well. This is a great day.

It is already an incredible victory, but it would enter a new level of success if Martin Sheen personally supported the issue as well and had something to do with the subject of last night's episode. He would be an incredibly powerful ally to have on our side. With his connections, and money, and podium...wow.

Anyways, for those of you interested, the transcript for most of the show is here: http://www.youthrights.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2900

I missed the first scene, so I wasn't able to transcribe it, but our Vice President out in California should have taped it and will get the transcript up later. But I did find a description of the first scene on some spoiler site. Just follow the above link.

The West Wing rocks!
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

But yea, this is just another sign of the times, and a sign of the incredible progress we've been making. 2-3 years ago there was absolutely no awareness about the voting age as an issue. No one had heard about it, no one wanted to hear about it, but things have just exploded. Major papers, major news stations, plus pop culture centers like the Tonight Show, the Daily Show, and the West Wing have now all discussed the voting age.

These are exciting times indeed.

See, y'all sit around talking about politics. I go out and get things done.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

But better yet, all the lines those kids were saying in support of lowering the voting age came directly from the NYRA website and stuff I had written. So The West Wing basically quoted me. I am 100% certain that the writers visited our website to get arguments in favor of lowering the voting age, so they are not only familiar with the issue, but familiar with us as well. This is a great day.

* cough * Copy right * cough * big rich global show * cough *
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Re: OzzyKP on WestWing???

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      WestWing just did an episode where they talked about youth voting rights. Damn, Ozzy. You're doing well.

Congratuatlions!

The're just running out of ideas for new episodes.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by alva

* cough * Copy right * cough * big rich global show * cough *

I'll play nice with them. I guess NYRA material is all some kind of funky, progressive "copyleft" or other hippie crap. I dunno, one of our guys is real into that stuff, so he'd know. But the more people borrow our **** the better. Our goal is to get the ideas out there, by whatever means necessary, even if we don't get credit for it. (though obviously I'd prefer credit, but I'll talk to the NBC folks).

Comment

"They call us babes in arms
                          but we are babes in armor.
                          They laugh at babes in arms
                          but we'll be laughing far more.
                          On city street and farms
                          They'll hear a rising was cry.
                          Youth will arrive,
                          let them know you are alive,
                          make it your cry!

They call us babes in arms
                          they think they must direct us.
                          But if we're babes in arms
                          we'll make them all respect us.
                          Why have we got our arms,
                          what have we got our sight for?
                          Play day is done,
                          we have a place in the sun
                          we must fight for.
                          So babes in arms to arms"

"Babes in Arms" Music by Richard Rogers, Lyrics by Lorenz Hart. 1936.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Congrats Ozzy...very cool.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                              They talk too much about his flying a plane for it not to be foreshadowing for something later, i.e., they're gonna Wellstone him. My money is on Alda becoming president.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Ay, that's what I didn't like about West Wing. There's that "Previously on West Wing", where they would show Smits character talking about his flying, and the Prez talking about the National Air Guard conducting training in Buttsville, Tennessee... Then Smits going to campaign in Tennessee... You gues what happens.

(Well, that's pretty far fetched... But I remember plenty of episodes, where I would go "Damn, they're going to kill her off!" at the beginning of the episode... And Lo! They did.)
                                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                                X