No announcement yet.

OzzyKP on WestWing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it would be interesting to have a Republican President on the show. Could give the show a whole new bent, and introduce all sorts of new issues. I wonder if it would count as jumping the shark though?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Well it would be interesting to have a Republican President on the show

That's what I was expecting/hoping actually.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

You mean someone other than Roseanne's husband?
        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

OzzyKP, I'm not convinced yet, but I'm willing to be.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

An open mind is definitely a start

Have you checked out the Ageism thread? I think I actually made a few coherant points over there.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

ending up with the President actually supporting the issue

You didn't watch the same show, did you? Barlett said it is something 'worthy of consideration', meaning I don't want to say no that bluntly to you in politikspeak.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                That's the great thing about the net, I've already seen the last episode while on TV they've only gone until the second series. ( well, not the last episode, I think I'm lagging two now)
                Some programmes I don't watch off the net, like Stargate, when the World Premier is here rather than America for half the episodes.

Damn my bad English, but I can't be inclined to correct it.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

UK terrestrial's screening series 4 right now, I've seen to the beginning of 6 though - where are you guys up to?
                  "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                    Other shows in syndication on cable which suck:

NYPD Blue
                    CSI
                    MadTV
                    Any sitcom
                    booo

any sitcom means you are dissing seinfeld and family guy reruns

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      ending up with the President actually supporting the issue

You didn't watch the same show, did you? Barlett said it is something 'worthy of consideration', meaning I don't want to say no that bluntly to you in politikspeak.
                      I've watched that part several times now, I think his "worthy of consideration" is genuine. When Cody first asked a question, the President gave it a pat answer and moved on. When he asked the follow up about the voting age, he said:

President - Well as adults we aren't sholdering our responsibility and your generation has a vested interest. (kinda pauses, looks away, mulls it over, then slowly) Allowing children to vote is...worthy of consideration.

He didn't just dismiss the question, he thought about it, turned it over in his head, and then answered it was worthy of consideration. His delivery indicated he was almost as surprized to be saying it as the view to be hearing it. He thought about it, and reached the conclusion that it really did seem like a good idea. Is he going to invest himself totally in it? No. Is he 100% sold on the idea? Not quite yet. But at his point he does indeed support it, and would like to see it looked into more. Which is a lot more than we can say about our real president, or any of his predecessors.

Comment

He didn't just dismiss the question, he thought about it, turned it over in his head, and then answered it was worthy of consideration.

And you consider yourself a lobbyist

It was a political blow off. You think in future episodes Bartlett is going to even create a committe for evaluation of youth voting? Pah...
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

That depends on how organized the "Future Leaders of Democracy" are. With such a public, and national expression of support, its now up to the activists to push him on the issue, utilize Toby as a connection, and press for a more serious look at the issue.

You don't make someone a convert with two questions. But the fact that he was able to consider it favorably after so little exposure to it is definitely something. It took an hour or two for Toby to come around, the President just intuitively sensed it was right.

Again, that doesn't mean he is going to start leaning on congress to pass a bill about it. Generating action out of that statement is up to groups like mine. Of course this is a fictional tv show and I'm sure they will move on to many other issues and not look back at this one, and I'm ok with that. Its drama. If it were real though, this statement would be incredibly significant. If it were real, I promise you I'd be invited to the White House within the month.

Comment

If it were real though, this statement would be incredibly significant.

I'll repeat: And you consider yourself a lobbyist

Comment

Don't tell me how to do my job, and I won't tell you how to do yours.

Comment

Fine, but if the President responded to a minor asking him about youth voting with "it's worthy of consideration" and you started to pack your bags for a White House meeting, I'd laugh my ass off as you waited and waited for an invitation that was not forthcoming!

Comment

Working...
                                X