No announcement yet.

Writing Stories about Zombies is a felony in Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I lived in a country with Free Speech like America.

Land of the Free!
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Zombies are un-American!
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Has anyone informed the relevant authorities, state and lcoal about other dangerous writings & books that even now may be lurking in the school's libraries ?

I'm thinking of such morally dubious tracts as 'Oliver Twist' in which a criminal mastermind grooms vulnerable young runaways in a dubious relationship with overtones of paedophilia and encourages them to take up a life of theft based on pickpocketing, pilfering and burglary.

This book by an author who had suspect extra marital relations and is of foreign extraction, also contains scenes of appalling brutality and animal cruelty.

There is also another work by a morally suspect Eurocommie, called 'the Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet' which takes a perverse delight in its inclusion of underage sex, gang warfare, poisoning, murder, suicide, pandering and urban decay. It is also set in that hotbed of licentiousness and debauchery, Italy.

Then of course there are those other degrading and corrupting items, films, such as 'Zero de Conduite' and 'If' , and something which my neighbours assure me is extremely distasteful, even if the title didn't give it away, and sad to say is by an American: 'Moby D!ck'.

Where will this tide of filth end?
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Hooters - All you zombies (1985)

Holy Moses met the pharao
          yeah ,he tried to set him straight
          looked him in the eye : "let my people go"

Holy Moses on the mountain
          high above the golden calf
          went to get the ten commandments
          he´s just gonna break them in half

All you zombies hide your faces
          all you people in the streets
          all you sitting in high places
          the pieces gonna fall on you

No one ever spoke to Noah
          they all laughed at him instead
          working on his ark ,working all by himself

Only Noah saw it coming
          forty days and forty nights
          took his sons and daughters with him
          they were the Israelites

All you zombies hide your faces

Holy Father ,what´s the matter ?
          where have all the children gone ?
          sitting in the dark ,living all by themselves
          you don´t have to hide anymore

All you zombies show your faces
          all you zombies show your faces (I know you´re out there)
          all you people in the streets (let´s see you)
          this song´s gonna fall on you

- Zombies -
          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

@ Molly
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I have been to HS, and read fiction that was written there. That's precisely why I'm reserving judgment. All we know about this kid is that he writes stories about killing schools full of zombies, and therefore must be completely innocent, the school is taking this far too seriously, and so on.

I was marked for a Columbiner in HS myself, after I made an injudicious sarcastic reply to a heckler. In Chemistry class, I listed the precise formula for gunpowder, fifteen to three to two. Some kid turned and looked at me, said, "Hmm, I wonder why YOU know all this stuff?"

I replied, rolling my eyes, "Yeah, right, moron, I'm stockpiling black powder. All I need now is a muzzle-loader and I'll be up in the bell-tower blasting all the little ants, maaaaaan!"

I had to have a full-scale, extremely pompous psychological evaluation before they would let me back in school. So I don't rush to assume that teenagers or school administrators will have a great deal of sense.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Thank god I'm not in Amerika .

You see , I take delight in learning chemistry - the "politically incorrect" type . I know at least ten ways of blowing the chem lab up ( with time delays , if necessary ) , three or four poison gas production methods , and two to three explosive mixtures - all from material very easily accessible in the chem lab , and actually for use by students ( and I can do it rethar fast , too ) .

I never have , and most probably never will , have need of this information , yet I like to know it on the principle "better have it and not need it than need it and not have it" . In India , in a private school , I can discuss these and the science behind them with teachers rather freely , without fear of some nutjob hetting his panties in a twist about some psychosis I might have . In the USA , I doubt if I would last a day .

Freedom of speech and expression does have some value , you know . One that seems to be eroding rather fast in the US of A .

Comment

He claims that what his grandparents found in his journal and turned into police was a short story he wrote for English class.
                  this is the worst part of the story....
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean

How does that fit with the fact that the bail was raised?

Asmodean
                    Different court proceedings. Your bail proceeding isn't concerned at all as to guilt or innocence but to making sure that the defendant isn't going to skip his court date. Even if the judge in the bail proceeding thought this was the dumbest case in the history of Kentucky, it isn't his job to make that determination.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                      I wish I lived in a country with Free Speech like America.

Land of the Free!
                      Not for youth. If you are young you are on lockdown, and pretty much live in a fascist state.

You used to get full rights at 18, but things are getting delayed further and further now. Especially if you are still in school. Despite being a legal adult, William Poole still was a victim of ageism and anti-youth hysteria.
                      Last edited by OzzyKP; March 1, 2005, 12:27.
                      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'm not saying this makes sense, I just want to point out that school administrators are still under a lot of pressure to avert future Columbines, which makes them a little psycho-zealous sometimes. This might not be a deliberate stifling of free speech at all, just a case of the admin overreacting to what they misjudged as a potential threat. Again, I'm going to see the perceived threat before I evaluate their response to it.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

My blog entry on the subject: http://www.oneandfour.org/
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                          X