No announcement yet.

My car burned down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My father had the same problem 4-5 years ago.

He drove to work and suddenly, he recognized that a Truck drove near him and the driver wanted to say something to him.
    So he opened the side window and the truck driver said that there was thick smoke coming out from his car (my father obviously couldn´t see it, because the smoke passed under the car and then was blown away by the wind).

So he stopped (in fornt of the Parkstadion in Gelsenkirchen), took out his brief-case where he stored important documents for work and then tried to extinguish the fire (hiws own fire extinguisher didn´t work, but he got 2 from truck drivers who had stopped.
    Within minutes (after he left and secured the documents) the cab was in flames and he didn´t have the chance to save the car.
    The Firemen who arrived several minutes later just told him to let the car burn down (as there would have been nothing to repair and he would be reimbursed for the old car by the insurance company).
    We got no photographs of the car aflame, but the next day he was mentioned in the newspaper, as the fire caused a major traffic jam (it was a much frequented road between two large districts of the city )
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

When vehicles catch fire, they seem to burn awfully quickly. Once I was in a brand new bus that burned down, it was a matter of minutes too.

All the passangers got out, but the worst thing was, one of them just hitchhiked away without letting anyone know. We thought the bastard was maybe left inside for an hour or so.

Comment

Aren't European cars notorious for bad electronics?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No - though Italian cars have a well deserved reputation for bad electrics.
          It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Italian cars have a well deserved rep for being bad cars, period.

----

You should have remained in the car, might have made onto CNN.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Whoa... that's bad. Well, glad you are ok. Just get a new make of car this time, ok?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran, in fact a new bimmer is being made as we speak; my old warhorse, she just got jealous and decided that I would be her last .
                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Does add new meaning to the word "TOAST!!"
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Wow that's awful. Was the car insured?
                    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

www.ergo.lt pwnd!
                      Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                      Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

I'm sure that's cool, but I don't understand a word of it...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

top right, ENGLISH

Comment

Was your house stolen when you got back?
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Which reminds me, I must go and get an MOT appointment sorted out for my car...
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                                Was your house stolen when you got back?

Comment

Working...
                                X