Iraqis protest against the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reds4ever
    The fact that you seem to think the US invented the weekend is one of them!
    Duh, we did.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I believe the story goes something like unions wanted more time off for their members and Jews were upset that they couldn't get their sabbath off but the Christian sabbath was a day off. So a compromise was reached to allow the Jewish and Christian Sabbaths off. Unions were happy because they doubled the time off for their members and Jews were happy because they got to keep their sabbath.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Duh, we did.
        Tell Wikipedia then.

The early industrial period in Europe saw a six-day work week with only Sunday off, but some workers had no days off at all. Only the labour and workers rights movements in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century saw a five day work week introduced as Saturday became a day of rest and relaxation. This movement began in England. In several languages, the word for weeked is an adaptation of weekend or the term "English week" is used for the five-days work week.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I say in order to be more respectful of Muslims in America we add Thursday and Friday to our weekend. Its the only reasonable thing to do.

Comment

No, just Friday for the Muslims... Thursday for the Pagans .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Pagans should get every day of the week off.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

You should go out and kill some teachers then.
                Umm...why?

Comment

Read the article.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
                    The fact that you seem to think the US invented the weekend is one of them!
                    I said no such thing. I figured they had copied the U.S.'s standard simply because the U.S. is the Western country most closely involved with them recently.

Thanks for the explanation, Oerdin. But I thought strict Muslims couldn't drink fermented grain or grape products; why do they need weekends? Do they drink vodka now?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Duh, we did.

No you didn't

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

I said no such thing. I figured they had copied the U.S.'s standard simply because the U.S. is the Western country most closely involved with them recently.
                        'most closely involved' is that a nice way of saying 'bombed the f#$k out of them and stole their oil'?

Comment

Apparantly, Saturday was picked as a holiday as to minimize the interruption of international finance (insert conspiracy about the Rothschilds ). Since on Saturday and Sunday banks in most of the world are closed, less **** would get done in a week if capital can move around only for three days.

Anyways, Sadrists are stupid, throw rocks at 'em.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

Personally, I see nothing wrong with this:

-*******s who see anything connected with jews get to work their asses off for 52 days per year more than they would have, and would subsequently be paid less per hour. So jews can gloat over this and be happy

-*******s think they somehow won by working more, and continue living in their fantasy world.

-World community benefits from additional work done by *******s.

See? EVERYBODY wins!
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel

So jews can gloat over this and be happy
                              As was clearly foretold and laid out in the ZOG manifesto, the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

I must therefore alert all my Islamicist zealot comrades to the pernicious nature of the Rosenfeld-Rothschild oppressive financial-cultural nexus forcing good Muslims to work more and neglect their children thus increasing the number of disaffected Muslim youth falling prey to the snares of Jewish funded culture such as 'Hello' and 'Playboy' and Pokemon.
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Muqtada al Sadr

Our old pal Muqty is being marginalized, so he grabs at nasty and silly things like this, in an attempt to reach out to the Sunni fundies of the AMS.
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X