No announcement yet.

Flagstaff, AZ (a me thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The company is gortex? They make grafts used for the implants of a-v shunts grafts used for people with diabetes that need dialysis. Very popular graft material here in the sa hospitals. I had the chance to take a travel assignment there. didnt think it was a good move. Might in the future if i hear good words about it here.
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Looks like the kind of small town I'd like living in
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
        The company is gortex? They make grafts used for the implants of a-v shunts grafts used for people with diabetes that need dialysis. Very popular graft material here in the sa hospitals. I had the chance to take a travel assignment there. didnt think it was a good move. Might in the future if i hear good words about it here.
        I thought Gortex was those really heavy-duty coats.

Which is good. They should give him a free coat. So the cold weather shouldn't be too much an issue

Comment

The gortex I know makes all kinds of vascular grafts. Dont know bout the coats I dont know much bout arizona does it get that cold there?
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
            The gortex I know makes all kinds of vascular grafts. Dont know bout the coats I dont know much bout arizona does it get that cold there?
            It does at 7000 feet! Where Flagstaff is.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

The profile I linked earlier says the hottest month is July with an average high of 81.4 degrees F (nightly low in July is 47 degrees) and the coldest month is January with an average high of 42.8 (low of 13.4). Year round they seem to average 75% sunny days and a total of 23 inches of rain per year.

Not bad but the temperatures are a bit low for my cold blood.
              The summer temps are a little high, but I like the winter temps.

Comment

81 degrees is high!!

Comment

IIRC, Gore-tex is a material, very durable and waterproof. So I can easily see it being used in both jackets (I have a Gore-Tex jacket - standard issue for a Vancouverite) and medical supplies, especially sutures.
                  "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                  "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                  "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                    81 degrees is high!!
                    yes, I like 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

yes, I like 70's.
                      yes the good thing about our fahrenheit system (vs the crappy celsius system ), is 81 degrees is essentually the 70's. Close enough for comfort.

Comment

80s is nice... We're use to 100

I have an appointment with the guy in an hour and a half. Played phone tag all morning
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Interview went well enough I guess

I'm heading to Flagstaff sometime at the end of this week for an interview!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

dp
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

I can't believe you're leaving before inviting me to a barbeque. Hasta la vista, baby.
                              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

WL Gore. My wife worked for them. Let me know if you want the low down. (PM me) Expect a long interview process regardless.
                                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X