No announcement yet.

Flagstaff, AZ (a me thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

214 miles. Not that close, but I usually go through that way once every couple of years. I just went through there last year when I went to Sedona. You may find hippies in Sedona. Not really hippies, but new age types.

Comment

Flagstaff

I was there in 2001 for vacation. Great place.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Well for one thing- the median home price in Flagstaff is around half that of what you'd pay in San Jose- and the situation's likely better as I suspect houses and lots are bigger in Flagstaff.
        Visit First Cultural Industries
        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

cost of living

I aint looking at these places willy-nilly

Monkey!!!

Comment

I have a friend who has 100k+ in the past 6 months playing poker... He has a reservation at Extenda Stay America in Vegas in June for the World Poker Tour... He gets out of the Air FOrce a month earlier... It would be nice to be able to be in his corner during that.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Flagstaff is up in the mountains so it isn't the burning hot Arizona in your mind. I like big cities and Flagstaff struck me as a bit of a po-dunk town but it seemed safe & clean.

Here's a city profile. It seems to be a nice town with dirt cheap housing prices, a decent economy, a young population (average age is 27), and a low crime rate. There are a bunch of colleges there so I suspect it might get noisy if you live in the wrong neighborhood.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yeah, I saw the avg age, strikes me as strange.

Bunch of colleges? Like 2?

I guess for a 50k town that is a lot though. However, that usually, only counts the locals and not the students.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

average age 27, no wonder I saw so many hot chicks there.

Comment

I may be in trouble if I move there
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                      Well for one thing- the median home price in Flagstaff is around half that of what you'd pay in San Jose- and the situation's likely better as I suspect houses and lots are bigger in Flagstaff.
                      Half? Try again because with a median home price of just $160,000 for a four bedroom single family home prices are closer to 1/4 or 1/5 of San Jose.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        Flagstaff is up in the mountains so it isn't the burning hot Arizona in your mind. I like big cities and Flagstaff struck me as a bit of a po-dunk town but it seemed safe & clean.
                        How hot does it get there in the summer? is it beyond hot like the desert, or is it cooler because it is in the mountains? I see they get snow in the winter. If the summer aren't too hot I would like to live there.

Comment

It is not desert at all, pretend you're in Colorado and that's what the weather is like. It gets up to the 90s in the middle of the summer there.
                          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

the elevation is 7000 feet. That's why it's cooler (and why it gets more precipitation than the surrounding desert)

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                              How hot does it get there in the summer? is it beyond hot like the desert, or is it cooler because it is in the mountains? I see they get snow in the winter. If the summer aren't too hot I would like to live there.
                              The profile I linked earlier says the hottest month is July with an average high of 81.4 degrees F (nightly low in July is 47 degrees) and the coldest month is January with an average high of 42.8 (low of 13.4). Year round they seem to average 75% sunny days and a total of 23 inches of rain per year.

Not bad but the temperatures are a bit low for my cold blood.

Comment

A bit low for me too, but I think that may be just because of the snow. Central Valley and Bay area get gold, just not when it may snow.

Climate wise I think it's perfect. I am just wondering if I can handle the isolation... or am I going to have to spend more time on CG!
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X