No announcement yet.

State of Black America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I disagree with that assessment. Militant behavior draws attention to the problem but most times results in a discreditting of the central purpose. Militant behavior followed with the like of organized peaceful protest ala MLK bring not only attention but credibility to the key issues.

I've always felt that was the way to do it. You have riots and a charismatic leader who is divorced from the riots and you'll get results. One without the other you probably won't get very far.

Economically the last 25 years haven't been kind to the lower classes, or as they like to be referred to 'The lower middle class'. While the rich were trickling down, they forgot to trickle down more than inflation.
    Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

• "From my experience this is more of a class thng than a race thing."

Nail meet head!

The Italians became 'white' the moment they moved out of the ghetto, ditto the other racial groups.

Ever notice how non-hardcore racists treat successful blacks? They're 'as good as white', especially rich educated blacks from places like bahamas.

'White' is the wealthy's way of saying 'people like us'.
      'Black' is the wealthy code word for poor, uneducated smelly, not us people.

All discrimination, is, in the end, class discrimination.
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seeker
        'White' is the wealthy's way of saying 'people like us'.
        'Black' is the wealthy code word for poor, uneducated smelly, not us people.
        There's also a stigma against poor rural whites (like me). We're the ignorant white trash hicks, and its perfectly acceptable to hold us in disdain. I find that I can identify with poorer, woking class blacks better than with upper middle class whites.
        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

• [SIZE=1] Originally posted by chegitz guevara [/SIZE

GePap is incorrect on the whiteness of Italians and the Irish. When we first came to America, we were not considered white. We had to fight and struggle to be considered white.
          You misunderstand my point- Italians and the Irish COULD become 'white', and did so within a century of arriving in mass.

Blacks, for more than obvious reasons, could NEVER be white. The road open to the Catholic Irish and Italians was not open to fellow protestant Blacks, ever.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
          X