school refuses to show picture of lesbian in yearbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• school refuses to show picture of lesbian in yearbook

It's obvious none of this hatred has anything to do with the sanctity of marriage.

Conservatives hate gay people. Plain and simple. Not all of them do, but I'm willing to bet most people do.

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

this is the picture they refuse to show. She did't want to wear a dress, because the dresses left her chest exposed.

Gotta tell you, that's a nice little scam the school worked up - don't publish the kids' senior pictures until each kids parents cough up $700 for a two-page ad condemning the schools actions.

Comment

The school refused to show the pic because she violated the dress code not because she is gay. Her sexuality has nothing to do with anything!
      'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
      G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

She violated the dress code because she doesn't fit in with the standard female dress code, which is likely because of her sexuality.

There's no reason at all to refuse to show the pic, IMO. Maybe if she was nude with a lesbian recruitment poster?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Conservatives hate gay people. Plain and simple. Not all of them do, but I'm willing to bet most people do.
          Would this not be the exact same narrow minded, compromise incapable, steriotype rule viewpoint you are condeming?

Interesting.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

It sounded like he clarified that not all of them do, so no.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It's ****ing clothes. Jesus Christ, why is this (school's) administration so ****ing stupid?
              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                It's ****ing clothes. Jesus Christ, why is this (school's) administration so ****ing stupid?
                Conservatives hate gay people. Plain and simple. Not all of them do, but I'm willing to bet most people do

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  She violated the dress code because she doesn't fit in with the standard female dress code, which is likely because of her sexuality.

There's no reason at all to refuse to show the pic, IMO. Maybe if she was nude with a lesbian recruitment poster?
                  What if she had been a christian who refused to wear the dress because she said it was unchristian to show cleavage? I doubt we'd be accusing the school of discrimination. In fact, some would probably be making fun of her for being a prude.

To be honest, the school should publish the photo but I still think her decision is really weird. She's a cute girl, why does she want to look like a man?
                  'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                  G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Perhaps she's cute because she's dressed like a man... mmmmm, diplomat?

Comment

I think she was trying to make some sort of stupid point by that suit, personally, I've considered my respect for homosexuality to be the disconnection between sexuality and gender....but the school's position is even more silly.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        How the hell could her sexuality affect whether the dress code fits her? And if it does, how is that an excuse for violating it.

Obligatory dresses for all pupils!
                        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

No he didn't,

Does "all blacks are lazy and stupid. Well not all of them, but most of them" pass your bigot meter?
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Wise move. She's a munter.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

what's a munter?

Comment

Working...
                              X