Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maoist International Movement reviews videogames!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he likes strategy games. Thus, I'd wager on it.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

You are a doofus.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I am not a betting person, but I am very close to offer you a wager.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

I bet you the person is female.

Comment

Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I've actually read MIM notes before, their newsletter. These guys are just a walking barrel of laughs.
              All syllogisms have three parts.
              Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Unreadable.

Incidentally, I've started to read "SnowFire" as "Hongflake". It's annoying.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                    the usefulness of police forces is debatable. NYC has the highest number, but they also have high crime, and a very high population. Imagine how bad it'd be if they had half the number of police.
                    You don't know what you're talking about. Compared to other large cities, NYC has a low crime rate, esp. violent crime. It is, in fact, one of the safest big cities. A recent FBI report on crime nationwide ranked New York’s serious crime rate #203 of the 216 U.S. cities with a population of at least 100,000, and NYC is the safest of the top 25 largest U.S. cities.

And while I wouldn't attribute it solely to the police, I have to acknowledge the police is vastly responsible for the decrease in crime in NYC since the 1970s (it has been a steady downward trend). Huge police initiatives have been launched to clean up bad neighborhoods, and they have been successful. I'm not an authoritarian type of guy, but having lived in NY for 5 years, I cannot deny that the police were integral in reducing the crime rate.
                    Last edited by Boris Godunov; February 24, 2005, 22:00.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                      There's no point in betting. You'll never find out. MIM members keep their identies ultra xenon secret.

This is chegitz guevara 1 for chegitz notes.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                        I mean many of the general ideas he presented on life and society, although they weren't put in good words. His revisionism is boring, and stupid, but that's always the case with revisionism. The fact that he presents it in a very poor fashion doesn't make the ideology flawed ( there are other thing that do this ). It's like using fez' posts to "prove" that capitalism, and esp. it's more extreme parts are wrong and smuggly going "hur hur hur" over the fake victory.
                        I'm not sure that anyone was going after communism directly, at least not yet. The MIM's particular version of it provides more than enough fodder for mockery without going after a target like Marx that's defensible.

I'm mostly just puzzled by your attitude towards these people who share your ideals just enough to make you look bad. Imagine if some guy were to stand up and tell people, say, that pederasty is wrong, and then go on to refer to the aliens who beamed prophecies about its wrongness into his brain from their base on the moon. I would note the validity of some of his points by my estimation, if it came to that, but I wouldn't rush to defend his philosophy as a whole on the basis of the very general points we happened to agree on.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

But Elok, we're commies as a whole.

BTW, the famine that occured was during the Great Leap Forward, not the Cultural Revolution, which was an entirely different bit of nastiness. Also, these folks believe that the terrible crimes committed by Stalin and Mao are merely capitalist lies. The problem is, there has been such a great amount of lying by anti-communist that it becomes feasable for these guys to rationalize the deaths away by saying its just more lying. There's certainly a massive amount of exageration, which also lends support to the Stalinist mindset.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That's not a very sensible attitude. It sounds very similar to, say, defending Bush's Iraq policy as a sign of support for a "fellow American." The lunatic fringe is there to be corrected, or else set apart until such time as it's grown up a little.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

They also review music. This quote was my favorite.

I was hoping to use the Radiohead chat forum as evidence one way or another, but the fans there are often so silly as to defy categorization.
                              Internet 1, Commies 0
                              Lime roots and treachery!
                              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I've told you, I am not betting. zero-sum

I'm mostly just puzzled by your attitude towards these people who share your ideals just enough to make you look bad. Imagine if some guy were to stand up and tell people, say, that pederasty is wrong, and then go on to refer to the aliens who beamed prophecies about its wrongness into his brain from their base on the moon. I would note the validity of some of his points by my estimation, if it came to that, but I wouldn't rush to defend his philosophy as a whole on the basis of the very general points we happened to agree on.
                                I haven't agree with his entire ideology: just many of the points he was making in his reviews....
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X