Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maoist International Movement reviews videogames!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maoist International Movement reviews videogames!

Oh, Maoist International Movement
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

It was kind of annoying, but I would kill this guy for this, and this only:

Even though Sid Meier excised us communists as a theme in humyn history
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Read 3 of them, the guy didn't play the game thoroughly enough to get accurate reviews. This is about par with the Christian reviews.

Comment

Seems pretty reasonable. Heck, they give a positive review of a game outlawed in China.^-^
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Under the joint dictatorship of the proletariat of the oppressed nations over imperialism, games glorifying Uncle $am will be history and game-makers will flourish without having to cater to mindless sex and violence.
          Damn right!

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

It just goes to prove that zealots, wether politic or religious, are two sides of the same coin...

From the "Red Alert" review
            The game's portrayal of Josef Stalin is a laughable caricature. He's a paranoid, anger-prone, spoiled dictator who has underlings killed at a whim and sleeps with his female intelligence officer. "It came to Stalin in a series of dreams," claims the manual. "The birthright of the Soviet Empire is nothing less than conquering and dominating the entire globe. And the birthright of Josef Stalin is nothing less than conquering the spirit and dominating the actions of every Soviet citizen."
            Well, duh. Does the word "crazy paranoid dictator" ring a bell?

Red Alert is 100% pure grade ruling class propraganda and serves as an excellent example as such. The ruling class perspective is the only education this game will provide. Sadly, for many Western teens, games such as Red Alert will be among their only education about the USSR and communism. "Command and Conquer: Red Alert" revels in violence. In effect, it is fascist-sympathizing, as it assumes that the removal of Hitler (and fascism) would be a negative thing. This attitude is similar to the sick people on the internet who populate a variety of forums and ask "Why didn't the Western Allies and Nazis team up to defeat communism?" as if it would have been the most desirable result.
            I´m sure there´s none of them here...

Comment

actually, most of the writer's analysis is ok. problem is, it is REALLY not the place.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

The moralistic stalinist tone in the reviews blocks out any real appreciation of the analysis on my part.

Comment

An example of the importance of the game designer's analyses or opinions is the mayor's choice to build police stations. In actual fact in the capitalist world, having more or fewer police stations does not affect the crime rate, but in "Sim City 3000," police hiring levels affect the crime rate and thus property values. This is an example why it is important for Maoists also to write computer games. Propaganda and conventional wisdom say that police exist to reduce crime instead of perpetrating it. The truth that there is no effect of police hiring or budget levels on crime is difficult for the public to swallow. "Sim City" reflects the dominant but wrong view.
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Heh, I have a police state city in sim city 2000, very low crime, a police station every other block.

Comment

the usefulness of police forces is debatable. NYC has the highest number, but they also have high crime, and a very high population. Imagine how bad it'd be if they had half the number of police.

They handled themselves great during the blackout and after 9/11. I'm not sure how much can be credited to high police forces though.

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                        actually, most of the writer's analysis is ok. problem is, it is REALLY not the place.
                        the place for it is other games. What do the Maoists think of +1's?
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

The thing is the people tend to forget the existence of the Other Games forum, like I just did. And it should be merged with OT HINT HINT MARKOS.
                          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

some of us need those +1's

Comment

Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                              X